Profile Picture

I found this iray render farm which apparently will work out with iclone and iray. But I don't know...

Posted By cynsegura 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

I found this iray render farm which apparently will work out with...

Author
cynsegura
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
Please I need your help. I found a render farm which will let me use iray with clone. But I found on the forum that there are problems with the series 3000 of graphic cards. So I went to the different options of this render farm and I would like to ask you if any of the pricing options is super fast for fast rendering with iray and iclone and if will do fast rendering. If you scroll down on this link. You have different 4 gpu services. I want to know if any of them is suitable for iray and iclone and if the reply is yes. Which option will be the faster. 
Many thanks!
3DChick
3DChick
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Hi... I've never used a server farm before but I knew a guy who used the one you found and had good results. But he was using Iray in Daz, not iClone. It was several years ago, but I *think* it was an 1800-frame scene that would have taken him three weeks to render on his own machine. He liked the results but thought it was too costly to do it for most projects. 

Of the available plans, the GPU Server 7 plan, with the four 3080 cards, ought to work. Several users here, including me, use single 3080s, so that one should be fine.

I would just be very, very sure they can render iClone files. Even if the render engine is Iray, they are still a proprietary file type, and I don't know how much that matters. I'd email them, and ask for a sample render of a few frames to be absolutely sure it works and looks the way you want before plunking down any money.

Hope it works out, and would be super curious how it works, and if it seems worth it, if you try it.
😀

3 Years Ago by Nicole-PandorasBox
animagic
animagic
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
You would need to export from iClone as if it were for the stand-alone renderer. However, these files may only work with that renderer.

So I would indeed contact them first to find out if they can do something with what is provided by iClone. As far as I know nobody has tried this or been successful.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

justaviking
justaviking
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Also consider the massive quantity of data you will need to upload to the render farm.

I really like Iray, but I still do not see it as being practical for a video of any duration.  But if you can get a render farm to work, and at an affordable price, I will be very happy for you.  I hope you'll be able to share your experience and your video here.

Good luck.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Reading This Topic