Profile Picture

Why does my Daz hair look like this in CC3?

Posted By antoniojosecastilla 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
antoniojosecastilla
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hi to everybody. I tried different daz hairs with the cc3 + transformer in CC3, and i always get the picture result. Does anybody know why?
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/3c4478e1-a7a3-472b-b308-a224.png
https://i.ibb.co/cyW8s4d/hair-daz.png
Edited
3 Years Ago by antoniojosecastilla
vidi
vidi
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
I think, the scalp mesh has missing alpha texture.

select scalp, select opacity and import the alpha map 

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 7 minutes ago
What hair is this, exactly?

It might just need to be resized a bit.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
antoniojosecastilla
antoniojosecastilla
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)

vidi (8/12/2021)
I think, the scalp mesh has missing alpha texture.

select scalp, select opacity and import the alpha map 
Yes, with that you can correct the forehead, but look the hair textures.
Kelleytoons (8/12/2021)
What hair is this, exactly?

It might just need to be resized a bit.
It is Annabelle hair. I have the same problem with Arlene hair. Those are the two hairs that i am trying. The hair is like black and brown. Very ugly.

Edited
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Okay, neither hair is suitable for the RL universe.

They are both VERY FINE mesh hairs - you want polygonal hair.  If you have ANY questions about ANY hair before you buy, just ask me (either her or in email) and I'll be glad to both tell you and show you how it works in CC3.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
antoniojosecastilla
antoniojosecastilla
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Kelleytoons (8/12/2021)
Okay, neither hair is suitable for the RL universe.

They are both VERY FINE mesh hairs - you want polygonal hair.  If you have ANY questions about ANY hair before you buy, just ask me (either her or in email) and I'll be glad to both tell you and show you how it works in CC3.
So there is no solution for both of them?

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Actually, I take it back - sorry, but I spoke based on the description.  Annabelle hair comes in fine using Transformer:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/bb143eee-736a-4d6f-8684-f80d.jpg

Now, this is a bit too heavy for good animation, but running polygonal reduction on an object gives a great reduction and a decent result:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/4c36390a-6db5-41bb-9635-5a2b.jpg

So this all begs the question - how the heck did you import the hair?  While it shouldn't make any difference as to how it looks, you should not that any hair that comes over the shoulders like this should be imported as an accessory in Transformer, and then changed into hair (it will weight properly then).

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
antoniojosecastilla
antoniojosecastilla
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Kelleytoons (8/12/2021)
Actually, I take it back - sorry, but I spoke based on the description.  Annabelle hair comes in fine using Transformer:

Now, this is a bit too heavy for good animation, but running polygonal reduction on an object gives a great reduction and a decent result:

So this all begs the question - how the heck did you import the hair?  While it shouldn't make any difference as to how it looks, you should not that any hair that comes over the shoulders like this should be imported as an accessory in Transformer, and then changed into hair (it will weight properly then).

I try all the ways. importing the hair as hair, or as accessory, and i never see the textures like in your pictures. Neither in basic or in advance, or in all the sizes. I always get the same result. Here is Delphi hair, and again the same. I can correct the forehead with the opacity map, but not the textures.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/04c750a6-4da9-4b15-813d-701a.pnghttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/dcc1536e-877c-41fe-9d26-a3ba.png

That was imported as an accesory.  But i have the same result if i import it like hair, and then convert to an accesory. I have always the same result with the hairs.

Edited
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I just a video showing how I bring Arlene's hair in and if it doesn't work right for you using those procedures then you should delete CC3 Pipeline and reinstall completely.

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
antoniojosecastilla
antoniojosecastilla
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Hey, thanks for the video. I am doing all exactly like your videos. I always watch your videos, but there should be an import problem, because it happens with all the hairs and all the characters. Here is another one.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ac3ba5bf-a64c-4bf0-8424-4718.pngI am going to do what you say, and try to reinstall character pipeline. I will tell you if it worked.

Thanks a lot!!!

Reading This Topic