Motion Live Audio, Coming Soon...

Posted By R Ham 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
R Ham
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 hours ago
I've not gotten Motion Live to record yet.
-- Motion Live Record is set up to record, per the manual
-- It recognizes the mic
-- The mic has been proven functional in Audacity, as have the Windows audio settings
-- I record a short test sequence in Motion Live
-- I play it back and there's no audio
-- I look on the timeline and there's no viseme track
Has this ever happened to you?
To prove iClone was functioning, I imported a WAV file to the project. It worked fine, no problem.

I'm guessing this is a UI issue. Do you know what I did wrong? Please tell me.

"Less clicks good, more clicks bad."
animagic
animagic
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
So I assume that you have Record Audio for Viseme Track checked? I just tried with Faceware and the audio does get recorded.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

R Ham
R Ham
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)

animagic (8/11/2021)
So I assume that you have Record Audio for Viseme Track checked? I just tried with Faceware and the audio does get recorded.

Yes. I did get it to record audio. It wasn't the Record Audio checkbox. It may have had something to do with those New/Blend/Replace checkboxes? I don't know.
After that I got it in there I converted it to Acculips. That was an improvement. Not perfect but tolerable. ARK seems to be the better choice. I see it EMBEDS the audio in the Project file. I will look for a way around that. It's convenient for timing, but not much else.
I'd like to see the speed in Motion Live keep up with the speed seen in Live Face. I'm talking about head turning and tilting. It seems a tad sluggish.
Other than that, next I'll need to figure out what those two mapping boxes are all about.

When some other big expenses are behind me, I intend to replace this iPhone with Faceware. For all the hullabaloo over the TrueDepth cam, I'm disappointed in it. Price aside, Faceware reminds me of my first true love, CrazyTalk 4. I already have Faceware's two favorite cameras. The Brio is my current fave for video phone because of its light handling. It's image is more stable than the iPhone, it's far easier to use, and, it can raise a single eyebrow. I'll work with what I have until then. My dumb questions will continue.

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

I have Faceware and it's not even installed on this machine.  The Live Face using the Arkkit is SO much better (remember, you can't use it with Faceware).

But to each his own (I can't see a time when I'll ever reinstall Faceware - too bad I can't sell it, but software doesn't work that way :>Wink.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
R Ham
R Ham
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Kelleytoons (8/11/2021)
I have Faceware and it's not even installed on this machine.  The Live Face using the Arkkit is SO much better (remember, you can't use it with Faceware).

But to each his own (I can't see a time when I'll ever reinstall Faceware - too bad I can't sell it, but software doesn't work that way :>Wink.

In honesty I've never been an Apple fan. In fact, I don't even like cell phones. Cell phones are an ergonomic train wreck. I've tried this XR with Live Face, Face Mojo and Face Cap. At first the novelty blew me away, but Apple's idiosyncrasies were always in the room. I do believe Faceware is grossly overpriced, but then, we got what we got. 

Well, let's see if I can produce anything worthwhile in the next month, now that I have a bare clue how to finagle this program.

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Assuming you haven't yet used it, just remember that Faceware is a LOT less forgiving in terms of capture (use VERY bright lights and do not wear glasses).  Honestly, I can't see why ANYONE would prefer it but, as I said, to each his own (I only wish I hadn't spent the money for it - oh well, I've wasted money on a lot of worthless things.  Just not so much :>Wink.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
R Ham
R Ham
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Kelleytoons (8/11/2021)
Assuming you haven't yet used it, just remember that Faceware is a LOT less forgiving in terms of capture (use VERY bright lights and do not wear glasses).  Honestly, I can't see why ANYONE would prefer it but, as I said, to each his own (I only wish I hadn't spent the money for it - oh well, I've wasted money on a lot of worthless things.  Just not so much :>Wink.

Bright light is no problem, I use a pair of Neewer lights for videoconferencing. They put out double the light I need, and the Brio is much better in low light than the C920. Eyeglass reflection is no problem so long as the lights are mounted up high. I had to learn this because I wear them nonstop.

I'll be sure to go for the trial first, thanks for the warning.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/8de7c88b-75a5-4dd6-9524-64c4.jpg

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

You still won't be able to wear glasses - it's not the reflection, it's just that Faceware won't work well with most frames (*some* frames DO work, but my workstation glasses would not.  Hopefully your own frames are wire since those seem to be no problem).

But, yes, a trial by all means.  I suspect if I had tried it before I bought it I would not have bought it (who am I kidding?  With no alternative back then it was FANTASTIC.  Until I tried the far superior Live Face).

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
R Ham
R Ham
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I have the frames that were once called "flesh." :-D

R Ham
R Ham
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

My first iClone mocap. Please pardon the noisy soundtrack.
No fancy voice this time.
This, thanks to the help of the people on this forum.

Reading This Topic