Profile Picture

Cannot select individual body parts

Posted By tam_469852 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
tam_469852
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hey everyone,

I am brand new to CC3 and running it on Windows 10 Home. After applying clothes, I apply a pose (MotionPlus> Female> Ponder). Now I cannot select individual parts of the body.

I try to double click on anything - head, hand, etc... but the whole body remains selected.

I would like to move the head slightly down, along with moving the hands out of the way of the face.

Thanks in advance
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Hi...

Go to Modify > Edit Pose on the Menu Bar (N). Alternatively select Edit Pose from Motion Tab of the Modify Panel.

Then follow the instructions given HERESmile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

tam_469852
tam_469852
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Thanks for responding to my post Peter. Yeah, I tried moving the head and the hand with what you suggested, but it did not seem to move the way I wanted it to.

Alternatively, I used the Attributes tab> Pose Offset> selected the head first, made my adjustments, followed by the same with the right hand.

I thought everything was great, but when I went to export to iClone, so that I could animate some audio, the pose of the character went back to a T position.

As a result, I had to apply another "Ponder" pose within iClone, followed by moving the head and right hand once again.

I guess my way of using Pose Offset was not the correct way. At the same time, I could not get the character's head or right hand to move the way that I wanted it moved using the Edit Pose method.

Do you think that me using the Pose Offset caused the character to loose the pose when exporting to iClone?
wires
wires
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Characters sent to iClone from CC will always have the T-Pose, and iClone offers a larger selection of poses and also has motions - something that is not included in CC.

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
tam_469852 (8/12/2021)
Thanks for responding to my post Peter. Yeah, I tried moving the head and the hand with what you suggested, but it did not seem to move the way I wanted it to.

This is the way you would normally pose your character in CC3 so I'm not sure why it didn't move as you wanted it to. Did you use Rotate or just Move?

Alternatively, I used the Attributes tab> Pose Offset> selected the head first, made my adjustments, followed by the same with the right hand.

Pose Offset is normally used to change limb angles when using exaggerated body morphs that cause limbs to intersect. You don't normally use Pose Offset to pose your character initially.

I thought everything was great, but when I went to export to iClone, so that I could animate some audio, the pose of the character went back to a T position.

If you send a character from CC3 to an empty scene in iClone it will appear in a T-Pose. However, if you have a character with a pose or motion already applied in iClone and then send a character from CC3, it will adopt the pose or motion already applied and not appear in a T-Pose.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic