Which version(s) do i need? I work in Unity/Unreal and Blender

Posted By ericameres 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Which version(s) do i need? I work in Unity/Unreal and Blender

Author
ericameres
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (47 reputation)New Member (47 reputation)New Member (47 reputation)New Member (47 reputation)New Member (47 reputation)New Member (47 reputation)New Member (47 reputation)New Member (47 reputation)New Member (47 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
So I want to use Character Creator and iClone, but what version do I get that gives me maximum compatibility?  I assume I need either 3dExchange pipeline or CC pipeline version.  Does "iClone7 Animation Pipeline" package include 100% of the Character Creator Pipeline functionality?  This table implies that 3Dexchange doesn't include LOD capabilities  https://www.reallusion.com/iclone/3d-character.html#edition-comparison , but CC pipeline does.  Is this a feature gap?

I'm confused.
Eric.
michaelrbarton
michaelrbarton
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
There is no iClone Pipeline. If you buy iClone, you get the non pipeline CC3 add on for free.
CC3 Pipeline is a stand alone version of software. You can't create animations with CC3 Pipeline or CC3.
Iclone is where all the animation and movie making takes place.
CC3 only let's you do poses. 
ericameres
ericameres
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (47 reputation)New Member (47 reputation)New Member (47 reputation)New Member (47 reputation)New Member (47 reputation)New Member (47 reputation)New Member (47 reputation)New Member (47 reputation)New Member (47 reputation)

Right, but there is a package that includes 3Dexchange so that I can convert from iClone to other packages.  Does the combination of 3DExchange and iClone (which includes a non-pipeline version of CC) let me accomplish everything that I might do with the CC-pipeline version?  (the LOD stuff isn't on the comparative list).
michaelrbarton
michaelrbarton
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
You need 3DXChange Pipeline to be able to send your character to other 3D Platforms.
The regular version of 3DXChange lets you send your character and other 3D props between iClone and 3DXChange 
non pipeline version. You can buy iClone 7 and 3DXChange 7 Pipeline for $399. If you add the coupon code 2021LSAC
you will save an extra $50 ($349). Reallusion Store - Product. If you want CC3 Pipeline also, get the digital human creation bundle ($199 with the same coupon) Reallusion Store - Product
For $548, you would get the 2 bundles (CC3 Pipeline and Headshot) ( iClone 7 and 3DXChange Pipeline)
CC3 Pipeline let's you use skin weights so you can create your own clothes and apply them to your character.
I have the free CC3 add on for iClone, I cannot use the skin weights to create my own clothes, or use the skin weights on clothes
that I purchase from other 3D sites like CGTrader and Turbosquid. CC3 Pipeline lets you create your own character and send it to other
3Dplatforms like Unity and such. If you need motions for your character, I have over 2400 Mixamo motions in FBX and BVH format. You could use those motions
for your character in other 3D platforms. I also converted over 2300 Mixamo motions for use in iClone. You can download them free from my Youtube link.
I found the complete Mixamo animation packs on Reddit a couple of years ago and saved to my PC.

Edited
3 Years Ago by michaelrbarton
ericameres
ericameres
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

I guess that's what I was afraid of, that to get all the capabilities I need iClone7 and 3DExchange AND Character Creator Pipeline version.  Cha ching!
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
If you are exporting CC3 characters, CC3 Pipeline can export your characters in FBX with motions included. See here:
https://manual.reallusion.com/Character_Creator_3/ENU/3/Content/Character_Creator_3/3/17_Export/Exporting_FBX_Characters_with_iMotion.htm

ericameres
ericameres
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Rampa (8/5/2021)
If you are exporting CC3 characters, CC3 Pipeline can export your characters in FBX with motions included. See here:
https://manual.reallusion.com/Character_Creator_3/ENU/3/Content/Character_Creator_3/3/17_Export/Exporting_FBX_Characters_with_iMotion.htm

Right, but if I also want to be able to export a whole iclone7 scene, I need some version of iClone.  I guess to get all the features of both, I have to buy them separately :  iClone7 with 3DExchange, AND CC3 Pipeline, (the included version of CC3 with iClone7 is missing a few options)

Reading This Topic