Profile Picture

To wait for iphone 13 pro max or not? Live Face plugin

Posted By Da-Drifter 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Da-Drifter
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (260 reputation)Senior Member (260 reputation)Senior Member (260 reputation)Senior Member (260 reputation)Senior Member (260 reputation)Senior Member (260 reputation)Senior Member (260 reputation)Senior Member (260 reputation)Senior Member (260 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I am about to purchase Live Face [iphone] The question I have is will Live Face see an improvement with an iphone 13 vs 12? Here is the latest news: The iPhone 12 models are all locked at 60 frames-per-second (FPS), or 60Hz, but rumors suggest that the iPhone 13 Pro series will sport a 120Hz refresh rate, which would net 120 FPS and therefore much smoother scrolling and gameplay. 

Seems logical that Live Face would be more fluid but I don't really know if the software even suports 120 fps. Any Ideas? Also, I have read that an ethernet connection is the best way to go but USB seems easyer. Is there a big differance?

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Last Active: 7 hours ago
Actually, I believe Live Face works a LOT better at a slower speed, just like Faceware (I always used 30FPS with Faceware and in comparison shots it always looked better).

So - wouldn't give one whit of thought to waiting, if it were me (and with the chip shortage?  You could be waiting years.  I mean it).

I use ethernet.  Have tried both wi-fi and USB and ethernet just always works and is SO much easier.

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Da-Drifter
Da-Drifter
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (260 reputation)Senior Member (260 reputation)Senior Member (260 reputation)Senior Member (260 reputation)Senior Member (260 reputation)Senior Member (260 reputation)Senior Member (260 reputation)Senior Member (260 reputation)Senior Member (260 reputation)

Thank you Kelleytoons, I am technically challenged so I reada little bit about Ethernet cable from iphone to windows pc. It seems I have tobuy a bunch of add-ons to make that happen but not so with the usbconfiguration. Mind you, I am just trying to find the easiest way to connect but,I want the best way to go at the same time.

animagic
animagic
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 42 minutes ago
I bought a refurbished iPhone 11 XR from Apple, and it has been working fine (I didn't want to be locked to a specific provider). 

You can even do better here: https://www.backmarket.com/refurbished-iphone-xr.html.

As to FPS, internally, iClone works at 60 FPS, so anything beyond that wouldn't make sense anyway, and as Mike already mentions, 30 FPS is sufficient.

For $20 I bought a Lightning to Ethernet adaptor, so not a big expense: https://www.amazon.com/Lighting-Ethernet-Adapter-Phone-100Mbps/dp/B07XHQCQSN.

There are fancier ones that let you charge the phone at the same time, but I didn't see the need for that.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Da-Drifter
Da-Drifter
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Thank you animagic, I don’t see the need to charge at thesame time either. Thanks for the link.

Reading This Topic