Hungry Earth - Story idea

Posted By planetstardragon 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
planetstardragon
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
I came up with the craziest idea for a community project - I thought I'd share it here if anyone ever wanted to have fun with it.

The Plot -

Imagine if you will, earth is actually a living sentient being. it feeds on everything that lives on it. Humans were once an immortal race of space travelers, earth trapped us like a celestial venus fly trap and made us dependent on oxygen, then made us mortal so it could consume our remains.

Now the idea behind this is like the Flat earth story,  use all sorts of natural logic and twist it to make the living earth story believable.

For example
- The aliens we see,  are actually our relatives that have been trying for thousands of years to figure out a way to free us from earths grips, but they can't land without risking being trapped.  thus they don't land or stay for long. 
- natural disasters are actually feeding times for earth,  when it gets hungry it kills a few hundred people.
- earth makes space travel hard for humans through gravity to ensure it keeps a steady food supply...
- The early cave paintings that show aliens on earth,  are actually the early space explorers that first got trapped on earth....
- humans only live to 120 because anything beyond that makes humans less nutritious for the earth to consume.
- we have gaps in our history because the earth swallowed whole civilizations -  Atlantis didn't vanish,  they were close to escaping earths grip and got swallowed whole. same with pompei...they had historical records from atlantis and had to be consumed.
- the very oxygen we breathe and water we drink is meant to keep humanity from remembering their past and weaken us...
-
Turns out the world was actually once flat after all,  then humans got trapped, used as a cattle species,  and earth started to feed ...now it's a Fat earth w00t

if others wanted to play along,  they would simply have to find some natural event and twist it to use it as proof that the earth is alive, and humans are really a trapped alien species that earth is using as a food source. lol

this was too fun an idea to keep to myself,  plus it's too big an idea to do in one video -  the proof is abundant and out there!  

Edited
3 Years Ago by planetstardragon
JasonWynngard
JasonWynngard
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)

Last Active: 8 days ago
I don't think you can copyright an idea, however, do something to protect it. Your concept makes a very innovative and almost plausible movie concept. It has the seeds to being an epic multi movie series. It also "mucks" with the mind because it practically challenges one to try to think of reasons the concept isn't factual. My suggestion, get a really good fiction author from maybe Goodreads or other indie writer site, collaborate on the story(ies), make a series of story boards. Then get a good indie videographer to maybe work in conjunction to make your digital movie(s). I think you've hit a homerun here without fully realizing it. The idea that Earth is a living entity isn't new, but how you outline it is absolutely, and epically fantastic.

Omen HP17t ck00 -- Windows 11 -- 32GB RAM -- Two 1TB Crucial M.2 NVME Drives -- nVidia Geoforce RTX 3070 -- 11th Generation i9 -- LG 32" QUHD Monitor

Edited
3 Years Ago by JasonWynngard
sjonesdc
sjonesdc
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I agree with JasonWynngard on copyright!!!   Love the concept!!!

sjonesdc Hehe

STILL LEARNING!!!

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Thank you guys,  the funny thing about this idea -  it has a viral quality to it -  the more I thought about it and played with twisting facts ...the more you actually start to consider how it's really possible -   and I'm sure if I could go back a few thousand years in time,  when trying to find out who Adam and Eve's sons, married , I'd get more of the story...-  Alien

I thought the idea would gain better traction if I just shared it as an Open Story -  so anyone who liked the idea can have fun with animated investigations

Truth is i'm a scifi / horror fan and I enjoy coming up with ideas -  but between making music and the art for it is keeping me super busy -  i could have fun with these in music videos but beyond that making these ideas into film or fun shorts is it's own profession / career / time eater. 

that said here are some of my newest music project releases for the summer-  ( which I eventually have to make music videos for,  so much to do ,  so little time! )

(this one is a compilation of the NFT loops I've been working on for a potentially big project I may be involved in this winter -fingers crossed- )

Edited
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

JasonWynngard (7/30/2021)
. Your concept makes a very innovative and almost plausible movie concept. It has the seeds to being an epic multi movie series.

agreed,  but also a reason why I think sharing it as an open source idea helps lay a strong foundation for many copyrights.

Think of it as reverse engineering a hit movie series -  start out with fan art,  and the best directors make individual pov series on the story - each of which copyrightable.  for example;  One person can do a real documentary reviewing facts,   another can make a fantasy movie,  another can cover the idea from a "beginning of time" aspect -  it's large enough to let everyone work together to a common goal of promoting 1 hit idea. BigGrin 

this idea should be larger than 1 copyright,  but i get to say ..it's all my fault haha!! w00t

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

and this video is absolute proof of the seriousness of my claim -  the earth is in fact alive and we are it's food source.  It is also obvious this reporter is trying to hide the obvious, why ?  I don't know ...that's it's own mini series,    I've seen hurricanes,  and that tree is way too small to move the ground that way,  especially with no leaves.  The ground is obviously moving the tree,  and not the other way around!  #fakenews

Edited

Reading This Topic