Profile Picture

Rendering a single image captured from a camera?

Posted By mono11 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
mono11
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (105 reputation)Junior Member (105 reputation)Junior Member (105 reputation)Junior Member (105 reputation)Junior Member (105 reputation)Junior Member (105 reputation)Junior Member (105 reputation)Junior Member (105 reputation)Junior Member (105 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hello,
is it possible to render a single image captured from a camera?
I tested
RLPy.RGlobal.RenderVideo()
but it always produces a 900 frames video and I don't know how to change the settings (for example, output path, nr. of frames, resolution etc.).
Thank you very much in advance!
Vektorsoft
Vektorsoft
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (253 reputation)Senior Member (253 reputation)Senior Member (253 reputation)Senior Member (253 reputation)Senior Member (253 reputation)Senior Member (253 reputation)Senior Member (253 reputation)Senior Member (253 reputation)Senior Member (253 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Sorry for the late answer but I started using iClone 2 weeks ago.
This is what I found:
-Go Project Preferences (Ctl+Shift+P)
Change Time Unit -> Time Unit-> Frames
You can change Total Frames with 2 (you can put 1 frame but you cannot render since 'Start time and end time are equal' warning).
That gives you some degree of control on RenderVideo.
However would be nice a RenderImage() or Render(parameters) or RenderVideo() to take a little more control of the process.

The other thing which I found is rendered video is saved with the same name as the project in the same project's folder.
(If your project is 'dummy_test', RenderVideo() would save 'dummy_test.mp4' in the same folder)

That would change according project settings, with some few things to be considered.
For example, if you set AVI format, when you launch RenderVideo() it will open up a window to set the Codec compressor , every time you run the script,
which could be inconvenient if you want to automatize any project.

(Other formats seems to work fine though, without asking anything nor opening other windows).

A workaround to render to Image should be saving one frame of the rendered video using any external tool that could extract a frame from the video.

That's all I found so far.
Good luck!

Reading This Topic