Profile Picture

Character from CC3 to CTA4?

Posted By PixelPounder 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
PixelPounder
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (23 reputation)New Member (23 reputation)New Member (23 reputation)New Member (23 reputation)New Member (23 reputation)New Member (23 reputation)New Member (23 reputation)New Member (23 reputation)New Member (23 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year

Isthere a way… to create a character using Character Creator 3 and be able tobeing that into Cartoon Animator 4 where I can rig and animate it for use inCartoon Animator? I own CC3, iClone, CTA4 and 3DXchange, all of the adobeproducts (photoshop, after effects, etc) and zBrush… I’m just trying to figureout a way to create a CC3 character and use it in Cartoon Animator. I looked onyoutube and google and couldn’t find a way to do it. I don’t think there is adirect way but perhaps there is a way of perhaps combining various products oreven 3rd party products like zBrush and even in a round about way – to make ithappen?

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Hi...

Character Creator 3 is a 3D product using 3D meshes for characters whereas Cartoon Animator 4 uses flat 2D images for characters. Because of the major difference there is not a direct output from CC3 to CTA4.

However, what you can do is render images of your character in CC3 at the appropriate angles, and then use the images as the source to create a character in CTA4. The process for doing this is the same as for creating any new G3 character in Cartoon Animator 4.

If you need help creating characters from images in CTA4, please let me know if you have the Pro or Pipeline version and I'll point you to some tutorials to help you get started.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic