Profile Picture

Game base doesn't delete clothes under other clothes?

Posted By madia.miltcheva 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
madia.miltcheva
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (209 reputation)Junior Member (209 reputation)Junior Member (209 reputation)Junior Member (209 reputation)Junior Member (209 reputation)Junior Member (209 reputation)Junior Member (209 reputation)Junior Member (209 reputation)Junior Member (209 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hello CC community. I have a question about gamebase and hidden clothing. How do I specify that once exported I don't want to have the geometry of clothing items that are under other clothing items? Is it possible? At the moment I have a tshirt under a jacket and once exported as gamebase the fbx keeps all of the geometry of these clothing items. I dont want to have the shirt that is under the jacket because I don't need it and it adds polycount. Like the whole back section and sleeves I want them removed, just like the body that is removed from under the clothes.

Any ideas? Thanks!
4u2ges
This post has been flagged as an answer
4u2ges
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
1. You have to hide faces yourself before the export (ether in Mesh Edit mode, or running Auto Hide Mesh in Cloth Layer Settings).
2. Inspect outfit again and make sure all faces you do not need to be exported are hidden.
3. Check Delete Hidden Faces box on export prompt (scroll a bit to reveal that check box).

There is bug however. It might not affect hidden mesh, but might cause some other problems.
The faces are hidden alright after the export, but vertices are not. Kind of sloppy to leave loose vertices with exported model.
Better be fixed.

animagic
animagic
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 24 minutes ago
Maybe I'm missing something, but wouldn't it be easier to just delete the shirt clothing item altogether before exporting?

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

madia.miltcheva
madia.miltcheva
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (209 reputation)Junior Member (209 reputation)Junior Member (209 reputation)Junior Member (209 reputation)Junior Member (209 reputation)Junior Member (209 reputation)Junior Member (209 reputation)Junior Member (209 reputation)Junior Member (209 reputation)

4u2ges 

Thank you for the reply. You are right , the option I was looking for was the edit mesh, after you select some faces you can hide them and then click delete hidden faces in the export options. I couldn't see it cause i had to scroll down BigGrin

Thank you!

Edited
3 Years Ago by madia.miltcheva
madia.miltcheva
madia.miltcheva
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

animagic (7/23/2021)
Maybe I'm missing something, but wouldn't it be easier to just delete the shirt clothing item altogether before exporting?

We see parts of the shirt. Itd an open jacket with a shirt under, i just don't wanna export the faces on the back of the tshirt and the sleeves. In a regular 3D workflow I would manually erase these parts before skinning the character, but in CC I don't seem to find a way to remove these faces

Reading This Topic