Profile Picture

adding hair with bones to the face

Posted By DoronT770 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
DoronT770
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (447 reputation)Senior Member (447 reputation)Senior Member (447 reputation)Senior Member (447 reputation)Senior Member (447 reputation)Senior Member (447 reputation)Senior Member (447 reputation)Senior Member (447 reputation)Senior Member (447 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I want to make hair that moves like a pony tail, making it with a tail is perfect but when the head turn and layers change in a 360 angle the tail doesn't.

am I missing something, is there a way I don't know to make this happen?

here in Israel there's a unique hairstyle where you take off all of the hair from you head beside a patch above the ears like shown here, I need to make this character and when he jumps and dance the hair should dance too Smilehttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/b8e72449-4b11-42c0-a226-a361.jpg
MilesV
MilesV
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
This is just me theorizing as I haven't experimented with anything like that.

Are you using smart hair elements for this? If that is the case, they'll only move with the bone they are attached to. You would likely need to manually animate the hair in iClone. If you're able create custom hair in a third-party tool, then apply skin weight for the hair in CC3 and add PhysX, you may be able to achieve the results you're looking for.

Edit: You may be able to find that hairstyle on daz. I did a quick search and didn't find anything, but may not be using the right search terms and there is a lot of hair to skim through on there. You may be able to find other hairstyles with a similar element and remove the unneeded hair cards in blender to achieve this result.
Edited
3 Years Ago by MilesV
4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday

I cleared unrelated post as I just realized OP wanted it for CARTOON ANIMATOR. Sorry for the confusion w00tBigGrin

Edited
3 Years Ago by 4u2ges
DoronT770
DoronT770
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (447 reputation)Senior Member (447 reputation)Senior Member (447 reputation)Senior Member (447 reputation)Senior Member (447 reputation)Senior Member (447 reputation)Senior Member (447 reputation)Senior Member (447 reputation)Senior Member (447 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
this is for cartoon animator not iclone (why does iclone called iclone if its not supported on Macs??)

Reading This Topic