Error message i dont understand

Posted By woody173 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
woody173
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hi I have been trying to use destructible props in my project and after a lot of help from people like Rampa (Thanks Guys) I have hit a brick wall
because i keep getting an error message.
I even tried to simplify my project in various ways and taking the destructible chair out and replacing it with a standard chair and the same message appears....Any Ideas would be really appreciated

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ebf484c2-3029-4022-a2db-d927.jpg
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 5 hours ago
Hi...

There can be many reasons for a "memory could not be read" error message, but commonly this is caused by an object in your scene that is not playing nice with iClone.

Sadly it is not easy to quickly diagnose which one and it normally has to be done using trial and error by removing items from the scene and seeing if the error message goes away. Look first for custom props or other custom content that you imported in as one of these will likely be the culprit.

One other thing it may be is that the project itself is corrupt. When this is suspected it will be wise to drop back to an earlier build of the project before the problem started to appear.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Edited
3 Years Ago by Peter (RL)
woody173
woody173
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Thanks for the heads up. I have tried to pretty much delete everything a piece at a time, and it looks like you may be right.
I recently updated one of my characters and at first it seemed to have a problem with it. But no joy, same problem.
So i deleted all the character one by one and replaced them from my library and it seems to have solved the problem.
Dont know why it happened. Thought it might have been the recent iclone 7 update but at least i got it to work

Thanks for the help.
Woody

Reading This Topic