Character Change of Direction

Posted By rogdodge 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
rogdodge
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
I am endeavouring to make a character walk away from me, then turn left and continue walking.

I do not want to make a complete 360 character so I wondered whether it is possible to use a G2 character to do this. I used Motion Key Editor (3d key editor) to rotate the character with its back to me. But when I used Action Menu to enable walk, the character turned to face me and walked forward. i.e in the opposite direction to the one I wanted.

Perhaps I am trying to find a short cut where one does not exist. I had thought iClone may be an answer but that is an additional expense and I would prefer to delay buying it unless I can justify it. 😉

If anyone has any ideas or can point out where I am making mistakes I would be most grateful.

rog

Peter (RL)
This post has been flagged as an answer
Peter (RL)
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Hi Rog

Action Menu for G2 characters doesn't have a 180 degree walk so if you apply a 0 degree walk that will turn the character to face you.

Try applying one of the 3D motions found under Animations tab > Motion > G2 > 3D > 01_Move. As these are 3D motions they can be applied at any angle.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

rogdodge
rogdodge
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Peter (RL) (7/19/2021)
Hi Rog

Action Menu for G2 characters doesn't have a 180 degree walk so if you apply a 0 degree walk that will turn the character to face you.

Try applying one of the 3D motions found under Animations tab > Motion > G2 > 3D > 01_Move. As these are 3D motions they can be applied at any angle.

Thank you, @Peter (RL). I have tried your suggestion. It was successful. Now I am a little further my next step is to get my character to turn 90 degrees rather more slowly as the turn is too abrupt. All good fun. 😁
rog

Reading This Topic