Profile Picture

How do I use the MI files after export? Iray not picking up my CPU? GPU not being utilized?

Posted By quetzal419 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

How do I use the MI files after export? Iray not picking up my CPU?...

Author
quetzal419
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (63 reputation)New Member (63 reputation)New Member (63 reputation)New Member (63 reputation)New Member (63 reputation)New Member (63 reputation)New Member (63 reputation)New Member (63 reputation)New Member (63 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I have a couple of issues I've run into. One is that I rendered in "Save MI Scene" as the Reallusion tutorial recommended in order to save time, but I don't know how to use the files to produce the clip. I have After Effects and DaVinci Resolve that I can use. 

Second is that my CPU is hardly being used when rendering. I have a EVGA FTW3 3090 with an AMD Ryzen 9 5950X. I went through the hardware settings in iRay and selected both the GPU and CPU with the appropriate amount of cores, but when I go to render my system is telling me it's only using 30% memory and 5% CPU. In the preview mode within iRay it says "CPU: None." Does anyone have any tips on how to fix this? I'd like to dedicate as much power as I can to get this rendered quicker.

Thanks! BigGrin
animagic
animagic
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 hours ago
For Iray, the CPU has very little effect in my experience. It really comes down to the GPU. I seem to remember (it's been awhile) that using CPU and GPU both is counterproductive, but I'm not sure.

The MI Scene is used by the standalone Iray renderer.

It is described here: https://manual.reallusion.com/Iray_Render_Plug_in/ENU/1.1/Default.htm#Iray_Plugin/1.1/07_Render_Settings/Rendering_MI_Files.htm.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Reading This Topic