Profile Picture

How do I place a vambrace on the other arm?

Posted By depredor2018 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Question.png
depredor2018
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (798 reputation)Veteran Member (798 reputation)Veteran Member (798 reputation)Veteran Member (798 reputation)Veteran Member (798 reputation)Veteran Member (798 reputation)Veteran Member (798 reputation)Veteran Member (798 reputation)Veteran Member (798 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I'm surprised I found nothing on this, seems like an issue that would happen fairly frequently. Maybe during my trial I messed something up because I remember being given an option as to what arm I wanted to place it on. I just bought this today but It's not giving me the option...just automatically placing it on his left arm and if I try to do it again it just asks me if I want to replace it or the material.https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/1cab75e9-214e-45aa-8ee1-8d31.png
depredor2018
depredor2018
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (798 reputation)Veteran Member (798 reputation)Veteran Member (798 reputation)Veteran Member (798 reputation)Veteran Member (798 reputation)Veteran Member (798 reputation)Veteran Member (798 reputation)Veteran Member (798 reputation)Veteran Member (798 reputation)

Maybe I was mistaken, no one seems to care to respond. I'll put it out there though, I think it's designed to only go on one hand.
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Posting something which, at least here in the U.S. would be around 4am and then not getting a response for 50 minutes doesn't mean no one cares, it most likely means no one is awake.

However, you don't post nearly enough information - I don't even know what outfit that is, or where you got it.  

But that said, go into Edit Mesh and just revolve it.  If I had that outfit I could try this - it might not be hard at all.  But first turn it into an accessory (keep current shape), then Modify/Edit Mesh (in CC3) and go to element to select it all and then press the rotate and move keys until you have it aligned to the other arm.  Once done go to Transfer Skin Weights and choose glove (or default - again, that weighting *might* work if it doesn't have fingers to it).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Edited
3 Years Ago by Kelleytoons
depredor2018
depredor2018
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Well actually there was a 3 hour delay not a 50 minute one, also I wasn't aware this forum was only used by those who live in the U.S. so I had no way of knowing everyone on here was asleep. Also I'm new both to the forum and to this application and haven't got familiar with it, which is why I posted the question. I wasn't attacking anyone when I said 'I guess no one cares to respond', only making an observation. I had no way of knowing that anyone would jump to such a conclusion. Thanks for the advice though and I will try that out.
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Once you get it lined up and weighted, make sure you save it out (perhaps as "right arm whatever") so you won't have to go through this next time.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
animagic
animagic
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

@depredor2018: The forum is frequented by users, who may have a life. But on the whole people are quite helpful. 

Another option, which was the case for me, is that I saw your post, but that I didn't know an answer...Unsure This happens. 

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

As Job says.  Actually, I did see your post earlier and didn't have an answer I liked, either (my first response was to edit the object in Blender).  As soon as I figured something out I posted.

Remember -- iClone is a VERY deep program, as most 3D ones are.  None of us here know all the answers.  But it's very seldom ANY question gets posted without some sort of response, even if it takes a day or two (also -- this is a holiday here in the states and many folks are AFK this weekend.  So a very bad time overall).

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Reading This Topic