Profile Picture

3Dxchange skeleton problem

Posted By jisoowee 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
jisoowee
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (63 reputation)New Member (63 reputation)New Member (63 reputation)New Member (63 reputation)New Member (63 reputation)New Member (63 reputation)New Member (63 reputation)New Member (63 reputation)New Member (63 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hello, recently i started studying all of reallusion programs (character creator, iclone and 3dxchange) and there is a problem that i can't solve even i googled million times...

its about 3dxchange.
so this is what i did:
- first i created a *.fbx file with genesis 8 male modeling through 3d daz. 
- after that i loaded into 3dxchange the modeling of genesis 8 male would disappear and only the wardrobes were left. 
- kept trying but can't find a way to make it appear (i know it is in there because on the scene tree there is genesis 8 male object..)

i will be inserting capture of setting for *.fbx file and screen shot of 3dxchange. 

sorry for my short english and thank you!

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/9bf1afdd-2029-4d4e-9a5b-3400.pnghttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d31c3ed5-7982-4546-b87f-7693.png

p.s. aside from this problem, i was curious about *.3dxprofile.. when i went into character setup menu, they say to load the *.3dxprofile but the problem is i can't find anywhere to create or import this file.. does anybody know what this file is and how can i build one?! 
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
First of all, you're using the wrong tool for the job.  If you have a Genesis figure from Daz, regardless of what you do with it later AS LONG AS YOU DON'T CHANGE THE VERTEX COUNTS you're far better off importing it via Character Creator 3's Transformer plugin.  It is designed specifically to do this and is a much more recent (and well-developed) tool than 3DXchange (which, honestly, is being phased out regardless of what RL says abou tit).

So - if you take a Daz Gen 8 figure into Blender, modify it and/or add stuff or whatever, just save as an FBX, open up CC3 and use Transformer to import you'll be just fine.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
jisoowee
jisoowee
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (63 reputation)New Member (63 reputation)New Member (63 reputation)New Member (63 reputation)New Member (63 reputation)New Member (63 reputation)New Member (63 reputation)New Member (63 reputation)New Member (63 reputation)

Thank you for your reply!

currently trying to send my genesis 8 figure from DAZ to Blender with the transfer program(Daz to Blender). Funny thing is i try the script at DAZ but the program saves it as OBJ instead of FBX...TT
and as i thought the exported file wouldn't import into blender through Daz to Blender program...
i can't find the solution for this problem.. would there be any way to solve this? 

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c1af0312-5e5b-4c4a-95b3-21f6.png

Sorry for another question...
jisoowee
jisoowee
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

ahhh actually i figured out the problem! when i was exporting *.fbx file i touched some of the settings and that made the problem.. hehe

Reading This Topic