What to Expect in the Second Half of 2021

Posted By Miranda (RL) 3 Years Ago
Rated 4.4 stars based on 7 votes.
Author
Amper Sand
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
animasyoncugu (9/3/2021)
when will new trailers and features of Iclone 8 be shown?

You're not talking about those posted on first message of this topic?
https://forum.reallusion.com/486954/What-to-Expect-in-the-Second-Half-of-2021

animasyoncugu
animasyoncugu
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (603 reputation)Veteran Member (603 reputation)Veteran Member (603 reputation)Veteran Member (603 reputation)Veteran Member (603 reputation)Veteran Member (603 reputation)Veteran Member (603 reputation)Veteran Member (603 reputation)Veteran Member (603 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
it was said that more information will be provided outside of these trailers, I mean that, he said more information will be provided in the fourth quarter, that's what I'm asking
mr_vidius
mr_vidius
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Miranda (RL) (8/22/2021)
mr_vidius (8/21/2021)
Miranda,
when you say "any rigged character", does that include the G5 and G6 characters as well? will i be able to bring heidi, or chuck, or elena into CC4?

vidius

Yes, you can! I'm curious why you would like to bring Heidi and Chuck into Character Creator. Tongue

well Miranda, to answer your question.. i hate to waste money, and characters. and this feat would allow them to serve my will forever..Alien

vidius

@RettRona
@RettRona
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (274 reputation)Senior Member (274 reputation)Senior Member (274 reputation)Senior Member (274 reputation)Senior Member (274 reputation)Senior Member (274 reputation)Senior Member (274 reputation)Senior Member (274 reputation)Senior Member (274 reputation)

Any chance CC4 will have tools for converting any Daz/CC4 characters into a Metahuman topology and skeleton? Maybe something like Zwrap but more automated
Edited
3 Years Ago by @RettRona
R Ham
R Ham
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)

"Any rigged character can be imported, characterized, optimized in Character Creator, and exported to iClone and other tools for full-body animation (including expressions) - not limited to biped characters. Moreover, create custom facial expression data for any character to create vivid facial expressions with personality."

To me, this sure looks like talking cats and dogs. I'm not even going to ask, lest you say no.

BTW, I noticed you have taken an interest in Omniverse. A wise decision.

"Less clicks good, more clicks bad."
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 1 hour ago
@RettRona (9/6/2021)
Any chance CC4 will have tools for converting any Daz/CC4 characters into a Metahuman topology and skeleton? Maybe something like Zwrap but more automated

Hi... That's not in the current plans for CC4.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

ReiniWien
ReiniWien
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (440 reputation)Senior Member (440 reputation)Senior Member (440 reputation)Senior Member (440 reputation)Senior Member (440 reputation)Senior Member (440 reputation)Senior Member (440 reputation)Senior Member (440 reputation)Senior Member (440 reputation)

hi guys, the waiting for iclone8 feels a little bit like christmas 🤩🤩

here is my wish:

please don‘t release iclone8 so that i can use it in the christmas holidays, because my wife will kill me for sure 😝

thx for the outstanding software, ReiniWien
will2power71
will2power71
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)

It would be nice if we finally get some rigging tools for Iclone. No offense, but I think it's passed time that users were able to weight their own character clothing, or animals or what have you, in the Iclone landscape. What keeps me from adopting Iclone as more of a primary tool is that You can't basically rig anything for animation besides what Reallusion allows. For instance, If I create and rig a custom character and bring him in via 3dXchange, if I want to change their outfit later, I have to rig the garment in another application and then re-import the figure with their new clothes. Or if I want to rig a Dog or Cat or a snake for that matter --there's no way to do that. Akeytsu showed me that rigging isn't something to be afraid of, but if you can't rig then you're limited. It's as simple as that. I don't want to be limited by the software. One other thing I would like to put out there --I'm not real fond of the fact that it seems like Reallusion's spent more time supporting and developing for Unreal than they have for Iclone. I hope that changes with version 8 and they get back to developing for Iclone again.
AutoDidact
AutoDidact
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)

will2power71 (10/1/2021)
It would be nice if we finally get some rigging tools for Iclone. No offense, but I think it's passed time that users were able to weight their own character clothing, or animals or what have you, in the Iclone landscape. What keeps me from adopting Iclone as more of a primary tool is that You can't basically rig anything for animation besides what Reallusion allows. For instance, If I create and rig a custom character and bring him in via 3dXchange, if I want to change their outfit later, I have to rig the garment in another application and then re-import the figure with their new clothes. Or if I want to rig a Dog or Cat or a snake for that matter --there's no way to do that. Akeytsu showed me that rigging isn't something to be afraid of, but if you can't rig then you're limited. It's as simple as that. I don't want to be limited by the software. One other thing I would like to put out there --I'm not real fond of the fact that it seems like Reallusion's spent more time supporting and developing for Unreal than they have for Iclone. I hope that changes with version 8 and they get back to developing for Iclone again.

It seems (to me at least)that Reallusion has decided to position itself as an asset to larger more wealthy & popular eco systems  such as the gaming industry(Unreal engine) and the major 3DCC's like Blender and Autodesk.

Daz seems to attempting in the same with their free dedicated export plugin for those same external eco systems.

Poser has made Zero effort to be an asset to external eco systems which is why it is effectively a dead end program ,on full life support from selling Daz content at renderosity's fading marketplace

On the matter of custom rigging in iclone
it is clear to me why this probably wont happen.

Iclone uses non traditional character
animation system that is heavily based on
the mixing of canned motion clips designed to work with
native rigs that conform to a uniforn standard.

This (IMHO), is likely part of the reason why they moved  over to shape projecting Daz genesis figure shapes & textures onto CC3 Avatars and away from the old FBX import via 3DXchange method for the Daz figures.

Even if Reallusion did expand the non standard rigging tools of 3DX to include more figure types such as custom quadripeds their existing Canned motion libraries are based on retargeting to bipeds that share the same uniform standard rigging.

RAG DOLL COLLISION ANIMATIONS FOR ICLONE 8 & 7
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ghost Origins
My latest Feature length film created with Iclone.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/adf9b210-df59-4cb6-aa1b-9de5.jpg

Edited
3 Years Ago by AutoDidact
will2power71
will2power71
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)

I wouldn't mind using CC3. I really wouldn't IF I was able to animate other things with the same ease. That's the problem for me. There are no provisions for anything other than a biped male and female. If I want to have a bird, or a dog, or a horse, then I've got to go through with using that antiquated horse rig in the marketplace, or your S. O. L. In this day and age, it shouldn't be that way. I should be able to rig a scorpion, snake, bird, or whatever I can come up with without having to compromise because of what iclone limits you to. Since you can't anticipate what people might want to animate, then it's better to just give them a set of tools that allow you to rig what you need. I'd even settle for an updated Horse\quadruped rig along with a bird rig and snake rig but it seems like Reallusion thinks that people only want to work with rigged people. At least the physics toolbox allows us some rigging alternatives for mechanical things, but we need something similar for your own meshes. In like the past two years, it seems like the only real advancements we've seen have been the terrain plugin. I seriously don't have a lot of money to burn if I'm not getting the tools that are necessary to do more complete animations. Motion capture was great because it allowed us to do more. Now we need the same kind of thinking when it comes to rigging. Iclone's gone too long without it and it really hampers my creativity.

Reading This Topic