What to Expect in the Second Half of 2021

Posted By Miranda (RL) 3 Years Ago
Rated 4.4 stars based on 7 votes.
Author
Miranda (RL)
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Greetings to our users,

Thank you for your long-term support and we wish everything has been going well for you, thus far.

This year starts off with the introduction of AccuLips and new facial capabilities of ExpressionPlusfor iClone 7.9 in March. Smart Hair shader with Smart Hair component design  was also introduced with Character Creator 3.4, elevating visual quality. In April, Character Creator rose up to become the best digital human solution for the NVIDIA Omniverse platform, in a bid to fulfill the demands in media/entertainment, architecture, engineering/construction, games, and machinima. In June, full Blender Character Pipeline and iClone MetaHuman Live Link are introduced to bring out quality character / animation to Blender and Unreal Engine. All of these updates originate from our ambition to serve professional—and hassle free—digital human and character animation solutions to the world. And this is just the beginning!

Expect to see updates to ActorCore, Omniverse plugin, Unity Auto Setup, and iClone 8 / Character Creator 4 work-in-progress for the second half of 2021!

Expression-ready Low-poly Characters Available in ActorCore

ActorCore supports over 1,300 mocap motions, and soon will be upgraded to support quality low-poly characters for use in 3D crowd scenes for game, film, business/training, media/entertainment, architecture, engineering and construction, etc.

All characters are compatible with ActorCore motions with support for facial animation. Poly count ranges from 7K to 10K quads with a single 4K resolution material.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/867b9a24-b6ff-4594-bb8c-6159.png

AI Driven Facial Animation for Character Creator

NVIDIA Omniverse Audio2Face AI-powered applications can generate expressive facial animations from an audio source. With the Character Creator Omniverse plugin, users will be able to export Audio2Face-ready characters, for fast animation in Omniverse.

iClone Animation Comes to Omniverse

Followed by Character Creator, iClone Omniverse Connector will be released in  the second half of 2021. Take advantage of Omniverse real-time raytrace render and creative collaboration. For Omniverse users, iClone is the must-have tool for generating full character animation including lip-syncing, facial expressions, and body motion.

Open Source of Unity Auto Setup

We provide open source for developers to quickly customize this tool for their projects, which doesn’t mean that Reallusion will stop updating the Unity Auto Setup plugin. Reallusion will continue updating it and sharing source codes to the community in early July. More information will be revealed on this sub-forum

UPDATE (July 14th): The source code has now been released. Please find it in the post below.

iClone 8 and Character Creator 4 are on the Road!

iClone 8 and Character Creator 4 work-in-progress will be shown in the fourth quarter. The following post will share the roadmap ahead along with relevant technical breakthroughs. For sales related inquiries and specific launch date, please wait for further notices from Reallusion.

iClone 8

Embedded Motion Matching mechanism and motion library makes animation creation simpler than ever, while Motion Editing empowers professional editing - flexible and effective!

Here are some examples:
  • Motion Direction Control: Supports manual motion clip redirection and pivot reassignment for motion alignment.
  • Bi-directional Motion Blending for Smooth Motion Transition: Remove mechanical and sudden transitions between two blended motions by defining the blend range to fade out / in the overlapped portions of the two adjoining clips.
  • Animation Layer (Multiple Animation Layer Compositing): Supports reliable, flexible and effective motion part editing.
  • Hand Key Motion: Reliable and easy to control.

Visual Enhancement has been introduced before (ref. What to Expect in 2020), and the functions will be more mature and sophisticated in the final product.

Last but not least, the software architecture of iClone 8 has been optimized, and more new features will be introduced to handle big-scale projects. For example:
  • Support for GPU computation for character animations. 
  • Hidden objects will not be processed in the background.
  • Support isolating object(s) - a quick way to isolate selected objects for editing.
  • Collection Manager will be introduced to freely categorize objects in Scene Manager, so users can quickly and easily show / hide defined groups. 
  • The merge project feature supports merging objects across different projects, which will benefit collaboration, and facilitates working with existing projects. 

Hotkey Manager is one of the usability enhancements slated for iClone 8. More information will be provided in the fourth quarter of 2021. 

Character Creator 4

More freedom with character creation! 

Any rigged character can be imported, characterized, optimized in Character Creator, and exported to iClone and other tools for full-body animation (including expressions) - not limited to biped characters. Moreover, create custom facial expression data for any character to create vivid facial expressions with personality. The long-awaited wrinkle system will be released for Character Creator 4, but the specific version has yet to be decided.

The Reallusion Team

Edited
3 Years Ago by Miranda (RL)
wires
wires
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 days ago
WOW.

Thank you very much for providing this list of what promises to be a set of exciting features for both iClone/CC users and the Gaming group. CoolSmoooothSmile

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

Angel Alonso
Angel Alonso
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
wishing I could try ...everything!
mtakerkart
mtakerkart
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.6K reputation)

Last Active: 29 minutes ago
I am always impressed to see how you come up with extremely complex functions in other 3D applications with childishly simple solutions.
You have no idea how you help us have realistic production pipelines.
thank you so much

Now I have to convince you with my next short film to be part of the beta tester  BigGrin
TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)

Last Active: 4 days ago
YES!  YES!  YESSSSSSSSS!!!!!
The more flexible you make this paradigm the higher the need for everyone to have.  GREAT. 
So excited for these new innovations!

Some early ideas after seeing:

General
(1) Make promo/tutorials in 1080p so that those without 4K can see the finer details ( I have a 4K, but know if I have @1080p the finer 4K details can't be seen), or make special 4K ones when it showcases something extra
(2) RTX

iClone 8
(3) One video in this thread shows "Motion Direction Control" - can you make it so it gives you the ability to mirror-flip the motion L to R, R to L
(4) some type of "Export Pass"? - Some motions in iClone were never created with an "Export Version", thus are stuck in iClone universe.  Could we buy a general export license to pass through these motions to other render applications (Live Link, FBX export).

CC4
(5) Wrinkle Maps  -don't limit to face, make for belly, shoulder, elbows, wrists, knees, thighs, chest, rear
(6) Lite-mode? Some type of shortcut to load a Lite-version so users can more quickly craft less feature-intensive characters
(7) Face-part morpher - let us apply a whole character morph to only a highlighted part of the body, ie - only adjust the ears of the CC3...excuse me...CC4 Default.  Or only tweak the eyes, or the legs, but not the rest
(8) Multi-Mesh - allow multi mesh character import/generation, would open door for HD Busts packs to be sold, and for the ultimate - a Meta Human Transformer!....And, an HD Bust creator, of course!
(9) Allow CC4 to handle grooms in some fashion, even if only as a place-holder while in CC4
(10) Pack IDEAS : Robot builder, mech builder, centaur builder, Octopus/Spider maker, serpent/worm maker, 2+ headed avatar maker
Edited
3 Years Ago by TonyDPrime
wires
wires
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
Tony,

I bet that your folks just loved your Birthday and Christmas wish lists. SmileBigGrinHeheLaugh

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

MilesV
MilesV
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Awesome, thank you for the update!

I spend most of my time in CC3, but the motion direction control alone makes me happy. I'm excited to check out iClone8.

Thank you for the update on the Unity Auto-Setup timeline.

And CC4... Any rigged (bipedal I'm assuming) Character!? That's going to be a game changer. I'm glad the wrinkle system is still coming and can't wait to see what else RL has up their sleeve. Thanks for the tease!
toystorylab
toystorylab
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Wow, these are huge upgrades to the animation section!
Looking forward to get my hands on this...
This will increase the ability to tweak existing motions a lot.
Great! w00t

Toystorylab on Vimeo : https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ce44ea78-6984-47d8-9bf4-b783.png    Crassitudes (my "Alter Ego") on Youtube: https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/fcc4df30-b3a8-40a5-a427-0735.png

Mythcons
Mythcons
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Awesome road map! Every single upcoming feature is exciting, but the ability to import and optimize non-standard rigged characters in Character Creator is going to be ground-breaking. I had to read it several times just to to be sure I wasn't mistaken. Smile
matenn30
matenn30
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Miranda (RL), the problem with this launch is that it costs money to buy. It's hard for the poor.

Miranda (RL)さん、これが発売すると問題とすれば、購入するのにお金がかかるということです。貧困層には 大変ですね。

The forum is an amateur.
フォーラムは素人です。

Reading This Topic