Profile Picture

PixelDatabase.Net Has A New Headshot Plug-in Photo Prep feature - SplitImage

Posted By Data Juggler 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

PixelDatabase.Net Has A New Headshot Plug-in Photo Prep feature -...

Author
Data Juggler
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 hours ago
While browsing photos to use for Headshot Plug-in, many times one side of the face will ruin an otherwise perfect character.

I have used Paint.Net and manually split the image, pasted into a new layer and reversed the pixels. Today I was bored and decided to see if I could automate this, and it worked better than I expected.

The first four minutes of this video is a demo of how to use the new feature, SplitImage.
The rest of the video I build out the character, and I show my workflow for finishing off the character's look and clothing.

You can now take one side of the face, and make it symmetrical with one Bitmap Query Language query.

Update
SplitImage [TakeLeft | TakeRight] [Split X]

Example for the character shown in the video cover

Update
SplitImage TakeRight 2690

And click 'Apply'. Much simpler than copying half the image, flipping it horizontally and trying to position it into place.

I also make an announcement that the upload limits for PixelDatabase.Net have been increased.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/9c1b6098-e618-4931-9dc7-1282.png

Let me know if you think the SplitImage feature is useful, or at least worth the price of free.

Thanks

Corby / Data Juggler

Creator of the free website:
PixelDatabase.Net
A Free Online Text Based Image Editor
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/6e6663e2-0ecf-447a-ab3d-d49d.png

Edited
3 Years Ago by Data Juggler

Reading This Topic