Transparencies Daz to CC3

Posted By Catpickle! 4 Months Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Catpickle!
Posted 4 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (639 reputation)Veteran Member (639 reputation)Veteran Member (639 reputation)Veteran Member (639 reputation)Veteran Member (639 reputation)Veteran Member (639 reputation)Veteran Member (639 reputation)Veteran Member (639 reputation)Veteran Member (639 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
Hi all,

Just brought into CC3 one of the Tenements blocks from this set https://www.daz3d.com/new-york-tenements-2 - all fine except the windows are opaque, the windows are all in with the window frame so the whole window disappears. Is there anything I can do to set them so they will Transform into CC3 as transparent ?

If not I would have to set transparent and put my own frames plus window panes as a replacement.

cheers

Barry
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 4 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (29.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (29.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (29.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (29.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (29.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (29.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (29.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (29.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (29.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
You can just change the transparency of the glass.

The developer did not provide maps for the opacity and there is no way we can read or assume the transparency otherwise (FBX only provides maps, not opacity information).  But it's a simple matter to redefine the opacity (takes only a few minutes).

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/0d2da703-59b2-4858-8b5a-6f33.png

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Catpickle!
Catpickle!
Posted 4 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (639 reputation)Veteran Member (639 reputation)Veteran Member (639 reputation)Veteran Member (639 reputation)Veteran Member (639 reputation)Veteran Member (639 reputation)Veteran Member (639 reputation)Veteran Member (639 reputation)Veteran Member (639 reputation)

Yes but if you change it as is, the whole window including frame becomes transparent - don't tell me that image you have there is after you have corrected it? How did you do it?
Like I said, I'll probably have to insert a separate window frame after turning the opacity down to zero.

cheers
Edited
4 Months Ago by bwfc91a
Catpickle!
Catpickle!
Posted 4 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Disregard! ofc it is on the opacity in Modify! it's been a long week!
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 4 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (29.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (29.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (29.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (29.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (29.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (29.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (29.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (29.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (29.5K reputation)

The image I have there is me correcting it.  You only change the transparency of the GLASS material (there are three materials on the window, including the frame).

In point of fact, the easiest way to do this is to connect all the props together (and merge or not as you desire) and then go to the "Glass" material and checkmark "adjust all with same name" and then when you adjust glass it will adjust all the glass in the scene.

EDIT: Oops, cross-posted.  But you got it now.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Edited
4 Months Ago by Kelleytoons
Catpickle!
Catpickle!
Posted 4 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Thanks a lot Mike ever helpful!

Catpickle!
Catpickle!
Posted 4 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Actually one more on these Daz imports - particularly this tenement set - after importing into iClone all looks good until I zoom out and see things like roof access and chimneys detached and floating away from the building - not a problem to reposition but just wondered if that's just how it is?
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 4 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Sorry I didn't notice this when I was looking at it.

This might help:

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 4 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Next thing you know DAZ develops a live Link to iClone. That'll be the day.
But seriously. It is such a shame  DAZ does not have a basic apply transform tool (only a premium option).
Though you can "lock" everything, send it to Blender and then to iClone. Or with Genesis figure again to Blender and then CC transformer.

Catpickle!
Catpickle!
Posted 4 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Mr G,

I am new to Blender and so would be interested in how that fits into the workflow. I tried skingen premium but had it refunded as I couldnt quite figure out a use for it at the time, I buy Daz figures mainly and bring them in with Transformer but sometimes things go astray eg I brought in a figure with a belt and buckle - the belt just disappeared leaving the buckle floating, no idea why.

Thanks

Barry

Reading This Topic