Posted By mrl 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Issue with double characters when recording takes in Unreal

Author
mrl
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (918 reputation)Veteran Member (918 reputation)Veteran Member (918 reputation)Veteran Member (918 reputation)Veteran Member (918 reputation)Veteran Member (918 reputation)Veteran Member (918 reputation)Veteran Member (918 reputation)Veteran Member (918 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year

Hi everyone! Longtime Iclone user and recently started usingLivelink to transfer to Unreal for export.

I’ve followed all the tutorials, but I keep running into anissue I can’t figure out.

I can transfer assets fine, including the animations. I’mable to record a take successfully to the take recorder in Unreal, but when Iexport my videos, I always have two version of my character in the shot. One that reflectsthe animation I’ve brought in from iclone, and another that just stands therefrozen for the duration of the shot.

It seems like this would be a simple fix, but for the lifeof me, I just can’t seem to find what I’m doing wrong. Can anyone offer anyguidance?

Thanks!

Mirror Valley
*Tales of the Strange and Unusual*
Mirror Valley on Youtube
TonyDPrime
This post has been flagged as an answer
TonyDPrime
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Hi, on render you have to check the box on the non-lightning bolt character "Hidden in Game". 
But double-check again the tutorials and online docs, RL does have that part in there.  You want to hide the (1) character and leave visible the (2) recorded animation.
toystorylab
toystorylab
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Additional to Tony, see pic...

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/121af031-0ee9-444a-b097-ffc1.png

Toystorylab on Vimeo : https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ce44ea78-6984-47d8-9bf4-b783.png    Crassitudes (my "Alter Ego") on Youtube: https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/fcc4df30-b3a8-40a5-a427-0735.png

mrl
mrl
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (918 reputation)Veteran Member (918 reputation)Veteran Member (918 reputation)Veteran Member (918 reputation)Veteran Member (918 reputation)Veteran Member (918 reputation)Veteran Member (918 reputation)Veteran Member (918 reputation)Veteran Member (918 reputation)

Thank you both! Don't know how I missed that. Much appreciated.

Mirror Valley
Mirror Valley on Youtube
mrl
mrl
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Would you mind sharing a link to which docs include that? I'm wondering if I'm not following the tutorials I should be.

Mirror Valley
Mirror Valley on Youtube
TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
mrl (6/23/2021)
Would you mind sharing a link to which docs include that? I'm wondering if I'm not following the tutorials I should be.

Can show us the render part you looked at where it does not show that, this would be a big deal if RL has left that out as you claim.

Reading This Topic