Profile Picture

Need help importing a Daz dress into CC3 and iclone

Posted By AlexKong 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
AlexKong
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (338 reputation)Senior Member (338 reputation)Senior Member (338 reputation)Senior Member (338 reputation)Senior Member (338 reputation)Senior Member (338 reputation)Senior Member (338 reputation)Senior Member (338 reputation)Senior Member (338 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hey guys thanks for the help in advance!

I have a Daz character with a dress that I want to move to iclone. When sending the character via transform, the weights on the dress get all messed up and weight painting, smoothing and fixing was leading nowhere.

One reason may be that the Character is a Genesis 8, while the dress is for Genesis 2.

So I sent the dress separately through 3dxchange as an OBJ, to CC, importing it as an accesory and then transfering the skin weights.
Similar to what this guy does https://youtu.be/jzKoT8UJxjw
Awesome workflow by the way, check it out!

And till this point it was all good, but when I applied physics to the dress, it turns out that the faces are not really welded and it rips into shreds! I confirmed this fact because when tring to edit mesh and apply the smooth the faces just tear apart.

Is there anything I can do???

I'd really appreciate some help it would mean a lot, thank you so much!

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
AlexKong
AlexKong
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (338 reputation)Senior Member (338 reputation)Senior Member (338 reputation)Senior Member (338 reputation)Senior Member (338 reputation)Senior Member (338 reputation)Senior Member (338 reputation)Senior Member (338 reputation)Senior Member (338 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Geezus Christ! 

You are awesome man and so fast!!! OMG I can't thank you enough man, thank you tahnk thank you!

I will go ahead and try this out, thanks a lot agaian, cheers!

Reading This Topic