Import DAZ "Urban Sprawl" sets?

Posted By gordryd 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
gordryd
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
Was wondering if anyone (Mike) has experience bringing the Stonemason "Urban Sprawl 3" (or other Urban Sprawl) sets into CC/iClone?  It seems like a very large set.  I was also wondering how the lighted signs/windows, etc.transfer over into RL-land  (see the examples of night-time demos on DAZ site)?
Also wondering about animals with realistic fur, like "Wolf 2.0 by AM"?  Does the fur come across?

Reallusion Certified Director / Reallusion Best Visual Award / Reallusion Certified Content Developer
See all the G-Tools Plug-Ins available for iClone here: G-Tools Plug-Ins

Edited
3 Years Ago by gordryd
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
It kind of depends on your own system, your needs, and your expectations as to Urban Sprawl 3.

It comes in five different "blocks" which you can load in as  you wish and/or duplicate them to create whatever sort of layout you want.  But each block is large and loading all five in took around 14GB.  Now, on my system that's fine, as I still have 10GB for avatars and such, but some people won't have that much GPU RAM.  A single block is around 2-3GB.

There are no "lights" in the scenes other than streetlights, and you will have to adjust them yourself.  I don't really have the time to do this but if there is some specific block or look you want let me know which and I'll see how hard it is to do.

(And no fur from Daz will work inside of iClone).

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c986c195-bedf-4df1-898f-7955.png

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Okay, I took a look at one of the images on the Daz site, and it can be done using only two of the blocks (although honestly I couldn't figure out either which the second block was or what orientation it should be in).

After a few minutes of playing around I had this, but it could be improved.  At least you can get somewhat close to the Daz images for the set AND it came in (then, with only two blocks) at 5.3GB (so even folks with 8GB ought to be able to handle this):

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/b31561cf-0e3b-4ec4-8d02-3f07.png

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
gordryd
gordryd
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Thanks Mike.  I guess I will have to rethink this, at least until I can get a new graphics card (still using a GTX 1050 TI w/4GB -- I can barely load 2 avatars!)

Reallusion Certified Director / Reallusion Best Visual Award / Reallusion Certified Content Developer
See all the G-Tools Plug-Ins available for iClone here: G-Tools Plug-Ins

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Yeah, with 4GB you need to set your sights a LOT lower (there are few outdoor sets you can actually use with that little RAM).

I'd stick to indoor, smaller scenes until you can upgrade.  No harm in that - lots of great stories you can tell just with more intimate settings.

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Reading This Topic