Profile Picture

What are best practices/recommended exporting 3D model (as fbx) from Blender to 3DExchange 7?

Posted By eohu 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

What are best practices/recommended exporting 3D model (as fbx) from...

Author
eohu
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (155 reputation)Junior Member (155 reputation)Junior Member (155 reputation)Junior Member (155 reputation)Junior Member (155 reputation)Junior Member (155 reputation)Junior Member (155 reputation)Junior Member (155 reputation)Junior Member (155 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
Hello everyone,
Please I am having issues using 3D characters created for me in Blender and delivered as fbx.  Would you have any advice, or suggestions of best practice to share?

Sometimes, the model does not open at all; other times it opens but only the collar of the clothes are visible.  Some times everything opens, but the bones are separate from the body.  

I attached some screenshots.  First is the incomplete import... and the other two images show some messages I receive on the way to opening the Blender fbx files in 3DExchange.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/4caabec8-8537-4dd7-810f-a59f.png

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/684d2a2c-59b3-468f-ba50-1b07.png

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ed752dec-92ab-4c00-a483-2701.png
Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Eugene
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 6 hours ago
Hi...

Unfortunately it's impossible to say what is wrong without knowing the makeup of the character and the way it has been skinned and rigged.

From your description it seems clear the characters are not skinned and rigged correctly. All I can advise is that you watch as many tutorials as possible on creating rigged characters in Blender and eventually it will start coming together. When I started creating characters many moons ago in 3DS Max I made numerous mistakes, especially when rigging and skinning characters, but eventually with plenty of practise and watching/reading tutorials it was possible to overcome the problems. I'm sure it will be the same for you so hang in there.

Please Note: It's also very important to make sure that you are exporting the complete rigged character from Blender and not just selected parts.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Edited
3 Years Ago by Peter (RL)
michaelrbarton
michaelrbarton
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Did you check the opacity? If you scroll down, you will find diffuse and other texture boxes. Opacity slider is below that. 
Sometimes the opacity slider is set to zero. That could be why some parts are invisible. Can your FBX Blender avatars 
not be rigged, but set in a T pose. If you go to Adobe Mixamo, they have a free auto-rigger for humanoid characters.
Then you can bring the character into 3DXChange and have it rigged for iClone.
Look at the screenshot of Adobe Mixamo.https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/e58be78e-e23e-45c6-bbd4-4a56.jpg
Edited
3 Years Ago by michaelrbarton
sargentpilcher
sargentpilcher
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (224 reputation)Junior Member (224 reputation)Junior Member (224 reputation)Junior Member (224 reputation)Junior Member (224 reputation)Junior Member (224 reputation)Junior Member (224 reputation)Junior Member (224 reputation)Junior Member (224 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
I'm currently struggling with this as well, and it's NOT user friendly at all. A lot of intricacies go into it, and I'm not even aware of all of them. I got this to work about a year ago, and here I am a year later trying to do it again and essentially having to relearn it. 

The way I did it was with a 40$ Blender Addon called "Auto-Rig Pro" that worked for me a year ago, but now I'm struggling with it. I'm not totally sure what I'm doing wrong, but I do wish there were some better guides for it. Like, somebody doing it from start to finish to demonstrate what the process is like. What does 3Dxchange look for from the FBX file that we have to keep in mind to include in the blender export? 
nguyenhoang.28071979
nguyenhoang.28071979
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (319 reputation)Senior Member (319 reputation)Senior Member (319 reputation)Senior Member (319 reputation)Senior Member (319 reputation)Senior Member (319 reputation)Senior Member (319 reputation)Senior Member (319 reputation)Senior Member (319 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
hi you can send me tutorial autorig to cc3 i have problem when you autorig with facial to cc3 

Reading This Topic