Profile Picture

Creating G2 Character From Existing G2

Posted By tratra_00 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
tratra_00
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (98 reputation)New Member (98 reputation)New Member (98 reputation)New Member (98 reputation)New Member (98 reputation)New Member (98 reputation)New Member (98 reputation)New Member (98 reputation)New Member (98 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hi, Can someone point me to a video on Cartoon Animator and Character Creation related to Bones, Sprites and Angles and how they work together?  I have spent many days trying to add NEW G2 sprites on an existing G2 characters and update all the angles with the appropriate sprites and sizing to match the other angles but it seems as if I'm dealing with a moving target.

My Steps:
Start from Angle 0 and remove all the sprite.
Adjust the Bones to be the length of my NEW character
Add the new sprites and Copy the NEW Sprites to ALL Angles.
*For NOW I only wanted 45 & 315 the others I was not working with for now
*I noted from the original G2 that 45 & 315 could use the same basic sprites as 0
Adjust the Sprites on 0
Next Work of 45 degrees

I noted at 45 degrees some bones like the upper and lower arm looked to be shorter compared to 0  so I 
adjusted the bone at 45 to be a little longer. I had also noted that the TOP of the head position was up 
a little be higher than at 0 so when I ran a motion and it moved to 45 from 0 the character grew taller. So
I moved the entire character down using Bone and moving the waist at 45.

Once I was done with 45 and went back to 0 its bones had also stretch out and it moved down as well so
at angle 0 and angle 45 the character were still positioned at different heights.

When I add sprites to all and adjust on say 0 when I go to 45 it is still huge and then when I adjust 45 it impacts 0 so after
all this time and effort nothing blends or matches with mismatch heights and sprites.
The sprite will be huge at say 315 after I added all angles from 0 but the bone will be smaller at 315 compared to 0 so I have been
making constant adjustments to make everything similar but I cannot make it work out.

I understand when the sprite/bone are green and blue so I know which component I'm working with but I'm not clear on what to do/use when
things are mismatch when I run scripts I do use the composite run editor from stage mode but when the angles are so out sync it is constant adjustments during run time when I try to add motions.

jlittle
jlittle
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
One problem is that there is only one (1) bone for all angles, for each body part, so if you change the bone length in angle 0 then that length will be the same for all the other angles.
You need to adjust the bone size once, then adjust the sprite size, position, and rotation for each angle.
If you are loading a single sprite for all angles use the "Add Full Angles" (Ctrl-N) function, then adjust as needed or add the first angle, adjust, and use the "Sprite Angle" panel to "Copy Similar" to the other angles.
Also check out the manual on this HERE.

Jeff

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

tratra_00
tratra_00
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (98 reputation)New Member (98 reputation)New Member (98 reputation)New Member (98 reputation)New Member (98 reputation)New Member (98 reputation)New Member (98 reputation)New Member (98 reputation)New Member (98 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Got it. Thank you .

Reading This Topic