Profile Picture

Object attached to CC3 Character has animation but not passed to Unreal 4.26.2 Take Sequencer...

Posted By OvO_4550 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Object attached to CC3 Character has animation but not passed to...

Author
OvO_4550
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (76 reputation)New Member (76 reputation)New Member (76 reputation)New Member (76 reputation)New Member (76 reputation)New Member (76 reputation)New Member (76 reputation)New Member (76 reputation)New Member (76 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hey all, running into an issue. Probably my lack of experience as I learn this workflow. In CC3, attached an object to the hand of the character. The object has a few pieces. It's basically a gauntlet with a few parts to animate and move. Brought character with that object to iClone. In iClone the object is part of the Avatar (CC3 character) in the Avatar tree. I animated the character with Actorcore, no problems. I animated the object in iClone with a simple 9 frame movement with some keyframes, works fine. It is attached to the hand so it follows the arm and hand movement and the object animation happens at the desired time. All seems fine. Render and export an MP4 and the result is as expected. Connected iClone to Unreal via Live Link. Character and the object both show animations as expected. The object with all its parts now seem to be a part of the skeletal mesh of the iClone character in Unreal.  Setup the Take Sequencer. Added the iClone Origin actor, the iClone character blueprint, and the camera. On screen, the animations still appear to work as expected. Begin the recording take, countdown happens, I press play in iClone and in Unreal everything appears to work fine. I playback the take and the character animation is there, but the object's animation did not record.
Any ideas to get the object's animation to record would be appreciated, thanks!
CC3 v3.41
iClone v7.91
Live Link v1.3
Unreal v4.26.2
OvO_4550
This post has been flagged as an answer
OvO_4550
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (76 reputation)New Member (76 reputation)New Member (76 reputation)New Member (76 reputation)New Member (76 reputation)New Member (76 reputation)New Member (76 reputation)New Member (76 reputation)New Member (76 reputation)

I ended up fixing the issue by attaching the object to the character in iClone rather than CC3. I created a new iClone file with the object only, then sent CC3 character to that iClone file and attached the object to the character's hand from there and it did not become part of the characters skeleton and stayed a separate prop. After animating it all, I brought it into Unreal as a prop and the animations stayed with it.
animagic
animagic
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 13 hours ago
@OvO: That is an interesting find and something that shouldn't be the case, I think. Some users only have CC3 Pipeline without iClone, so they would be confronted with unexpected consequences.

You might consider reporting this in Feedback Tracker.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

shmedia
shmedia
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (160 reputation)Junior Member (160 reputation)Junior Member (160 reputation)Junior Member (160 reputation)Junior Member (160 reputation)Junior Member (160 reputation)Junior Member (160 reputation)Junior Member (160 reputation)Junior Member (160 reputation)

Hi I have been having a similar issue with a bag and umbrella that I have attached to a character. The objects will animated but they have morph sliders (to open the umbrella or the bag) the morph sliders show up in Unreal when I have exported the objects separately, but they don't animate with live link. I also had the issue with the morphs not showing up when the objects had been loaded in cc3 but hadn't realized that was the issue, stumbled upon your suggested fix by swapping out the objects in iclone). With yours situation are any of the parts of your character prop that you animated controlled by sliders or are they just transformational animation like rotates and moves?

Reading This Topic