3D motions for G3 360 characters

Posted By Smart Ears 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Smart Ears
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hi — I have been using the actor core motions and other 3D motions for G2 characters and they work phenomenally well. However, for the 360 G3 characters, when I have a 3D motion that has a twirl — like in a dance — how do I get it to look right for the G3 360 character? The body of G3 360 doesn’t turn, so do I have to create the different angles using photoshop and swap them at the correct point in the motion? So  they will in fact follow the 3D motion? In one of the examples for the Red character, it shows an example for a ballet dance with a full 360 turn. I noticed that the psd folder structure for the G3 360 characters have left, right and center for the head but not the body? 
How do I get those full dance turns when applied to G3 360 characters? 
Is there a tutorial for this somewhere? Also, are there templates for the G3 360 characters with different angles for the body, or do I use the same ones for the front side and 45 degrees that I have for G3? 

This is very important since it’s easier to create a G3 character — but I do need to know how to make those full turn 3D motions look right.
I’m working on a Macbookpro with Big Sur so cannot use motion link. I do have motion live 2D plug ins.
thanks!!!!

OldschoolAnimator
OldschoolAnimator
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (427 reputation)Senior Member (427 reputation)Senior Member (427 reputation)Senior Member (427 reputation)Senior Member (427 reputation)Senior Member (427 reputation)Senior Member (427 reputation)Senior Member (427 reputation)Senior Member (427 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
Good question.   I'd like to know myself.   I'm currently using the G3 characters now.   I was having a hard time with the G360 warping that happens on the head, plus if you're doing anything not human proportioned is fairly difficult to get proportions right. 

Reading This Topic