Profile Picture

Help with detached bones after Sprite Swap

Posted By kimber_17 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
kimber_17
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (268 reputation)Senior Member (268 reputation)Senior Member (268 reputation)Senior Member (268 reputation)Senior Member (268 reputation)Senior Member (268 reputation)Senior Member (268 reputation)Senior Member (268 reputation)Senior Member (268 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 days ago
I am having the most frustrating problem, and I can't for the life of me get it together... I have a custom character based on the G3 human bone structure. I am using the canned walk motion, and the character enters from the right and walks left. Halfway across, he "turns" - so I "flip" the character - now he should walk back, off to the right... BUT... when I flip the character, I need to swap out the "hip" sprite, because a symbol on that sprite needs to remain right-reading, and can't be flipped. When I swap that sprite out, the head, arms and legs are no longer "connected" and the beautiful smooth walk cycle becomes a spastic mess.I've tried: Creating 2 identical characters (left-facing and right-facing) where the only difference is the hip sprite for each. Then I make them visible/invisible depending on their direction, BUT... the canned motions don't work correctly on a character that isn't facing left.Is there anyone with more knowledge than me able to figure out what I'm doing wrong?

Reading This Topic