Profile Picture

Problems exporting clothes from Marvelous Designer to Character Creator 3

Posted By kavixkavi 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Problems exporting clothes from Marvelous Designer to Character...

Author
Problem.png
kavixkavi
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (257 reputation)Senior Member (257 reputation)Senior Member (257 reputation)Senior Member (257 reputation)Senior Member (257 reputation)Senior Member (257 reputation)Senior Member (257 reputation)Senior Member (257 reputation)Senior Member (257 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hi everyone, I'm trying to export the clothes I made in Marvelous Designer (MD) into Character Creator 3. I've used Create > Accessory to import the OBJ, but for some reason the textures aren't coming in properly.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/a8a90a20-256d-4847-ad8f-1ac6.png

Here's the outfit in MD with the Export settings on the right. The buttons going down the front are particularly giving me issues, same with the blue collar, cuff, and center material.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/a80ac43e-d6ba-4fd8-8994-6363.png

Here's the outfit imported into Character Creator. The collar, cuffs, and blue center parts of the dress are showing as purple. The buttons are showing as the same purple colour and have none of the metallic texture they had in MD. I've tried different combinations of export settings but none of them have worked so far.

If anyone has any advice, I'd really appreciate it!

Also here's the export settings close up, in case you can't see them:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/5db2f872-0ee7-454d-a6d9-933d.png
c68
c68
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (633 reputation)Veteran Member (633 reputation)Veteran Member (633 reputation)Veteran Member (633 reputation)Veteran Member (633 reputation)Veteran Member (633 reputation)Veteran Member (633 reputation)Veteran Member (633 reputation)Veteran Member (633 reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
I found out that when I import directly from MD into CC3 the materials that I defined in MD somehow gets doubled and look weird sometimes ...

Consolidating it in the Material Editor to one material helps in most cases (for me) ...

Select all the materials you want to consolidate in the material editor, then hit the "Consolidate" buttton

Maybe give it a try too? Hope it helps! Smile

I think its better to open the exported OBJ that came from MD in Blender first and assign the materials in Blender, then export as OBJ again and THEN import into CC3 as an acessory.
kavixkavi
kavixkavi
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (257 reputation)Senior Member (257 reputation)Senior Member (257 reputation)Senior Member (257 reputation)Senior Member (257 reputation)Senior Member (257 reputation)Senior Member (257 reputation)Senior Member (257 reputation)Senior Member (257 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Thanks so much for the advice! I’ll try that. I also remembered that the textures that aren’t appearing were made in MD, whereas the ones that are appearing were imported into MD using Substance Source. Just in case it’s helpful to know!

Reading This Topic