Making Rotation and Moveable Textures For Use In Props

Posted By Delerna 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Delerna
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I started a very simple version of this here to answer a question from a person.
He then asked me to provide what I done so he could see how I did it more easily. So I posted free it into my marketplace here for him to be able to download it easy.
Over the last 2 weeks though there has been 30 other people who have downloaded it too and because of that I thought I might try and show that making these movable textures for us to use in any kind of prop/character extra has very many ways of making them.

This one I just made now is still pretty simple but I think it might show some people that there are many different ways that we can make moveable textures for ourselves to get the things we want in our movies to work however we want them to work for our movie. There are definitely more ways to make them that just the couple I have showed. Looking into Reallusions UTube posts can help us to see different things we can do and there are quite a few of what they show that we can use to make many different animated textures that just the couple I am showing in these. I myself uses many for these for my self when it helps me to do what I want to do in the movies I make for myself.
Here is an image of what I made this time

Oh and just to be higher on this there are certainly other ways to do things besides making these moveable textures I'm showing. That's something we need to do. Learn to use iClone as much as possible and then we can start to decide which ways we now how to make things works best for what we are making. Making moveable texture works well for some things we need and using other things can work better for some other things we need. The better we know about using everything in iClone makes it easier for us to decide which parts works best for what movie we are making.

One more point I found for myself was spending about 1 year to just to learn enough of how to use iClone as much as possible from Reallusions UTube posts. I did make movies but I was not making movies I wanted. I was just doing simple movies that helped me to learn how to use iClone well enough. Then I started making the movies I wanted and I knew enough of how to use iClone to make the movies I wanted in a way that I wanted to make them.

i7-3770 3.4GHz CPU 16 GB Ram   
GeForce GTX1080 TI 11GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Edited
3 Years Ago by Delerna
Delerna
Delerna
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)

OK, thought I would add one more that shows that words can be added onto the textures so they can be used into props we add into movies we make.
Big point with all I have shown with these is that they are not good movies. Rather I just quickly showed some basic ways of making these things.
When I do them to make a proper movie I would spend a bit more time making them so they work well in the movie I want to make.
Here is how I used this one

And I added the thing I used to make the texture for that video here in my store.
Anyway, I think that's all I will do for this unless someone asks a question. I try to help but my bad head can make it hard for me to understand what people say
I still know exactly what I am doing easy enough, just talking is getting a bit hard for me, especially when high level manes of things are used instead of basic names of things. 

GeForce GTX1080 TI 11GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
3DChick
3DChick
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)

Last Active: 7 days ago
This is super cool--thank you for putting this together!

I have a (probably dreaded) question...I have a character whose irises need to look like they are whirling. I've tried applying a video texture to his irises (using DH eyes, and just get a sort of darkening effect, no matter which texture--DH or regular--I apply it to. Any thoughts on how to achieve that? Note: I realize it may not be possible with DH eyes, and please don't spend a lot of time on it. Just wondering if you have any thoughts off the top of your head.

:-)

Delerna
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Yes some of the words were hard for me to understand but I'm able to write them in Google to help me to understand things. They are things I used to know realy well when I was younger.

Anyway, Here is a movie I made that I hope is something like what your trying to do.

Probably not exactly what you want because Im not sure what movienes you are trying to add to the DH Eyes, but it should be just how you make the textures that you want to put into the characters eyes. For this I just exported the DH eyes textures. Then I used them as textures to load onto a single Plane_A that I changed its size to be equal. Then I setted its Privet into the middle. Then I rotated it over time so I could export the movie so I could then use those in the characters eyes so they rotate like in the video I showed in my UTube that I shoed in this.
Here is an image of how I made the Plane_A with the characters eye textures so I could rotate them to use in the chatracter after I saved them.
To see it best you should make its size as big as possible on you computer so you can see it best
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/b3f81a8c-dec8-4c5c-a6fb-e3bc.png

Hope that helps you. By the way, because its on the character it took iClone about 5 hours to export the movie. Normally for things like these I would start exporting the movie just before I want to go to bed. That way its finished when I wake up and it doesnt seem so bad as when I export it while I want to work on things while I am awake.

GeForce GTX1080 TI 11GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Edited
3 Years Ago by Delerna

Reading This Topic