Posted By Necka 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Transformer: Daz to CC3+ texture cuts and weird lips bug

Author
Necka
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (535 reputation)Veteran Member (535 reputation)Veteran Member (535 reputation)Veteran Member (535 reputation)Veteran Member (535 reputation)Veteran Member (535 reputation)Veteran Member (535 reputation)Veteran Member (535 reputation)Veteran Member (535 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
Hello,

I'm having a weird issue with some G8 Male characters imported from Daz. Using transformer in Advanced mode (baking textures) and having properly disable Embed textures/Collect textures to folder in the export settings from Daz (FBX 2012)

The character here is Hal Genesis 8 Male
As you can see there are 2 problems:
1: we can see the UV Cuts (in red)
2: The lips have those weird deformation. Even though if I go into modify mesh with mouth open, they don't appear

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 32 minutes ago
Hal is too new a release for me to have (I wait a month as a rule) so if you have even a slightly older character I can try and see what's happening.

My only response now would be to make sure you are importing at 4K (since you're importing all the textures over).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Necka
Necka
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (535 reputation)Veteran Member (535 reputation)Veteran Member (535 reputation)Veteran Member (535 reputation)Veteran Member (535 reputation)Veteran Member (535 reputation)Veteran Member (535 reputation)Veteran Member (535 reputation)Veteran Member (535 reputation)

Kelleytoons (4/25/2021)
Hal is too new a release for me to have (I wait a month as a rule) so if you have even a slightly older character I can try and see what's happening.

My only response now would be to make sure you are importing at 4K (since you're importing all the textures over).

Hi Kelley, thank you for your answer, yes I had the issue with another character but I can't recall which one.. I'll check

I did find that the displacement map is causing the main lips issue

but when I remove it then the cuts on body are worse:

But, and hopefully a good "but"... I did not import at 4k but 2k. As it takes a long time to convert I'll try soon and see if it improves

edit: I'm stupid. when sending this message I realized that the cuts are worse because there is a displacement map on the rest of the body too.

I wonder what this does.. what do I lost by removing this height map
Edited
3 Years Ago by Necka
Necka
Necka
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

So, I checked in the Daz surfaces and the textures marked as Heightmap were used in the Bump slot..
So I decided to use the importer ini file and declare those as bump map instead of displacement. It looks good so far

Reading This Topic