Posted By Animaniac 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Imported .MOV into adobe premier with semi transparent shadows

Author
Animaniac
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (801 reputation)Veteran Member (801 reputation)Veteran Member (801 reputation)Veteran Member (801 reputation)Veteran Member (801 reputation)Veteran Member (801 reputation)Veteran Member (801 reputation)Veteran Member (801 reputation)Veteran Member (801 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago

Here is a music video I made. I animated loops in CA4 with a semi transparent shadow prop. Then imported into Premier, which was handy due to editing to the music. It worked really well, easier than greenscreen on the shadows, and I didn't have to worry about the colours of the characters.

The shadow worked well, except against black backgrounds, sometimes there was a white line around them if I was zoomed in. I'm not sure if that was an artifact of the preview and didn't happen very often.
Edited
3 Years Ago by Animaniac
kylelee
kylelee
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Great animation,
Thank you for your sharing.
As for the white line, we are resolving this issue. if you have any problem please do not hesitate to tell me.
; height: 22px; width: 22px; top: 10px; left: 10px;">
Edited
3 Years Ago by Minnie (RL)
Minnie (RL)
Minnie (RL)
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
@Animaniac

It looks cool! Love how it comes out. have you considered try mixing these animated objects with the real-life scene.
something like this
https://youtu.be/USBwsEQmI3I?t=388
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I62CwxUKuGA
the animated object is so original and iconic that I think It should be interesting adding it in real scene.

Animaniac
Animaniac
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (801 reputation)Veteran Member (801 reputation)Veteran Member (801 reputation)Veteran Member (801 reputation)Veteran Member (801 reputation)Veteran Member (801 reputation)Veteran Member (801 reputation)Veteran Member (801 reputation)Veteran Member (801 reputation)

Hi there

About that white line, it seemed to appear where there is a fuzzy or transparent edge. The shadows i used were blurred in photoshop, that might have something to do with it. I blurred the Photoshop image and imported it into cartoon animator as a PNG.
kylelee
kylelee
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Animaniac (4/26/2021)
Hi there

About that white line, it seemed to appear where there is a fuzzy or transparent edge. The shadows i used were blurred in photoshop, that might have something to do with it. I blurred the Photoshop image and imported it into cartoon animator as a PNG.

Hi Animaniac,

Could you help me try this version? 
We have resolved the white line issue, 
Download link

Kyle

kylelee
kylelee
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Animaniac (4/26/2021)
Hi there

This is my testing

Reading This Topic