Smart Gallery on Server?

Posted By gordryd 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
gordryd
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
Hello,
I appear to be one of the minority that actually likes using Smart Gallery.  I find being able to search and see all my content much faster/easier than using the Content tab in iClone/CC.
That being said, the latest RL newsletter touted "Central Access - Manage design assets from a central server." but I could find no mention of how to do this in either the manual or any of the tutorials.  To clarify, I would like to store my RL content on a local network drive in my house and be able to access it from 1 or more PC's (1 at a time, per the licensing agreement) so I don't have to duplicate content on all local PC drives.  The closest thing I could find seemed to be Exporting/Importing, but this seems like a lot more work than just having the contents show up when I open my RL programs -- is this possible?

Reallusion Certified Director / Reallusion Best Visual Award / Reallusion Certified Content Developer
See all the G-Tools Plug-Ins available for iClone here: G-Tools Plug-Ins

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Hi...

Please see the Smart Gallery manual page below. This should help.

https://manual.reallusion.com/Smart_Gallery_Plug_in/ENU/1.2/09_Scenarios_and_Solutions/Sharing-Contents-for-Workgroup.htm

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic