Weird Shadowing on Render

Posted By jessicalcrichton 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
jessicalcrichton
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (885 reputation)Veteran Member (885 reputation)Veteran Member (885 reputation)Veteran Member (885 reputation)Veteran Member (885 reputation)Veteran Member (885 reputation)Veteran Member (885 reputation)Veteran Member (885 reputation)Veteran Member (885 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I REALLY need to head to bed, but first...

I've been working on this animation for days. The still is what it SHOULD look like (as it does in the preview), and the video is what it DOES look like after render. I have tried a lot of different settings to fix this. Any ideas? Is there a solution And if not, why show the preview this way at all? How do you even know what you're creating if you're doing it blind?

Anyway, gotta sleep, but meanwhile, HALP!!!!???

Edited
3 Years Ago by jessicalcrichton
4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Because you have an Auxiliary light ON. It does not render, but it kills most shadows in viewport for better viewing. That is what it's for.
You have to balance your lights and shadows in the scene with Auxiliary light OFF.

Edited
3 Years Ago by 4u2ges
jessicalcrichton
jessicalcrichton
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (885 reputation)Veteran Member (885 reputation)Veteran Member (885 reputation)Veteran Member (885 reputation)Veteran Member (885 reputation)Veteran Member (885 reputation)Veteran Member (885 reputation)Veteran Member (885 reputation)Veteran Member (885 reputation)

4u2ges (4/21/2021)
Because you have an Auxiliary light ON. It does not render, but it kills most shadows in viewport for better viewing. That is what it's for.
You have to balance your lights and shadows in the scene with Auxiliary light OFF.

Thank you. I thought it might be that, but I can't figure out how to get any light to shine on HER like that. I've tried adding a light, but I don't know how to actually make them shine, and usually when I add them they're so far away from the character that they're almost impossible to move close enough to them to matter. I tried resetting the movement numbers at X, Y, and Z, to match the character's, but they never actually go to the character. I'm SURE there's an easier way to get props and lights closer to the character, but I have no idea what it is.

I think they should at least have an automatic light you can turn on that emulates the axillary light with its settings, for those who like how it looks... and who are apparently morons. Oi.
mark
This post has been flagged as an answer
mark
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Here's a real basic tute on lighting that may or may not help...

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

jessicalcrichton
jessicalcrichton
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Thank you for all your help! I got it figured out. WHEW!

Reading This Topic