Recommendations Wanted for maximum flexibility

Posted By Catpickle! 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Catpickle!
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 days ago
Hi,

I need to create a bunch of characters old 50-60 years to young around 4-5 years of age. I have Iclone 7.9 and CC 3.4 with latest update but I find the offers from reallusion a bit baffling. 

In my sights I see CC Essential Morphs and Skin which seems to offer what I want $69 good price for me. Then we have the Ultimate Digital Bundle which looks awesome and new, looks to add so much more and greater realism yet looking at the sliders that it proudly displays, I already have those in CC3 so it makes me wonder what I actually get for the $279 and then I see SkinGen Premium Plug in $249 I find it bewildering, I could end up buying overlapping or competing products.

All I need is the flexibility to create young and old characters that can stand up to detail. 

While I am here what's the best solution for clothing? Daz imports via 3dXchange?

Thanks in advance, really appreciate the guidance here.

Barry
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
What I always tell folks is that you should only buy as needed, with the possible exception of some bundle deals that you might find a good deal.  IOW, let your own abilities and needs determine what you want.

The problem is that most young people like yourself (and you ARE young if you think 60 is old :>Wink feel the only way they can begin anything is to get EVERYTHING.  Just in case.  That's never a good idea.  You will always end up buying more than you need and/or not buying what you need.

So just start.  Create your characters NOW.  With CC3 alone you have the ability to make some pretty kick-ass stuff.  As you run into roadblocks (and you will) buy what you need to overcome them.  Need young characters?  (Those 4-5 old kids).  Buy the morphs needed (Daz also has some good things along that line - more later).  Same for old -- if you can't create them with the morphs you already have, buy the ones you need.

Skin is a separate process.  You may well find what you already have is adequate for your needs but, if not, then buy something which will do what you want.  But DON'T buy it until you need it.  Try first, and then you'll know far more what the holes (if any) in your tools are.

For Daz - it's an incredible source of clothing to be sure.  But also skins and morphs.  You can start with some of their older characters, transfer the skin into CC3, and use it for a ton of old people without needing SkinGen.  I'm not knocking SkinGen -- great to have if you intend on really getting into MAKING various skins.  But for most people it's more than adequate to use what others have already made (think of SkinGen the way you'd think of a Dress Designer -- most folks will just buy a dress, but some folks want to make their own).  But you want to bring in all the Daz stuff through CC3's Transformer (it can even bring in sets and props from Daz).

I would strongly recommend you become a Daz Platinum club member -- then you can get incredible deals on almost anything (rule of thumb is to never buy anything from Daz that isn't discounted at least 30%, if not more).  Transformer works wonders but if you have ANY questions about a particular item of clothing/hair/character before you buy, ask me and I'll tell you how well it works inside of CC3/iClone (and even show you in most cases).

And most of all... have fun!  That's really what this is all about.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Edited
3 Years Ago by Kelleytoons
Catpickle!
Catpickle!
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

Ahah Kelleytoons!

Had in mind that you'd answer, followed a lot of your older videos, the one with the London alley was the last I recall, very useful!

Thank you for the detailed response and I am in fact 50 years YOUNG haha wasnt trying to be offensive I dont see myself either old or young I am a mix of both depending on situation and mood Wink
I have purchased a test asset - just some static props with emissive and tried to cut my teeth but I cant get it to come through as I'd hoped.

I will look at Daz Premium - I could do with a cheap clothing set just to get the hang of it.

Thanks a bunch for the advice

Barry
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Barry,

I'm serious about asking me about any Daz item -- if you are having trouble with an asset (you don't say whether it's Daz or not but if it is) just let me know and I'll check it out.  If necessary I'll make a video showing any issues.  Sometimes we all just need a helping hand and it's okay to ask even if the question is something that might seem obvious to others.

I wish I were 50 again <g>.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Catpickle!
Catpickle!
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Mike,

Ok, I will step away for a while not long then I will find a clothing asset outfit on Daz I can send you the link and take it from there if possible.
Yes I would love that super.

Barry
Catpickle!
Catpickle!
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Ok, this is one asset I liked the look of and wondered if this could be brought into iClone

https://www.daz3d.com/the-outpost

and 

this https://www.daz3d.com/eve-enhanced-virtual-entity-hd-for-genesis-8-female

Are they suitable?

Ill use these as a lesson.

Barry
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Barry,

I'm about ready to eat and then take a nap (I TOLD you I was old :>Wink.

If you can wait until this afternoon I'll give you the lowdown.

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Catpickle!
Catpickle!
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

So they can be imported?

When you come back I will tell you what it is I am trying to attempt with iclone.

Enjoy your nap.

Barry
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Okay, I've done a tutorial on each (not specifically for you -- my subscribers will want to see).

Here's E.V.E.:

And The Outpost:

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Catpickle!
Catpickle!
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Wow wow so they can be I always worried some couldnt, I just want to create I know Ill have to learn some technicals but I just want to create.

I enjoy tinkering with iclone, now I have this grand idea, right now my fights are with its instability, the camera and motion.

I will now follow your tutorials thank you so much, please be on hand if I get stuck.

Barry

Reading This Topic