Importing old content into Smart Gallery

Posted By TimothyMasters 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
TimothyMasters
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Many items that I buy in Marketplace do not appear in Smart Gallery; I have to manually download them with RLdownloader, and then they just appear in Content.  Is there a way for me to create my own custom Smart Gallery entries by my own category system and then import these orphan items into my entry?
wires
wires
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: 12 hours ago
You can add content to the Smart Gallery, see this section of the ManualSmileCoolSmooooth

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

TimothyMasters
TimothyMasters
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Gerry - Thank you for that.  I did not even know that SmartGallery has its own manual!
I studied those sections and played with it a little; I have to experiment some more.  So far I have not figured out how to do exactly what I want.  All of those examples were for entire projects, and for custom creations.

For example, I just bought a shoe collection.  When I purchased them they did not appear in SmartGallery, just in Content.  So I would like to create a SmartGallery entry called Shoes and make it contain all of these shoes that I just bought.

I'll try again later.  Maybe I'm missing something and I'll catch on with more effort.  Thanks again.

Tim
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 hours ago
Hi Tim

We have a big update coming for Smart Gallery that will make it much easier to manage your content. You will soon be able to directly save custom content to Smart Gallery, improved syncing, have a folder view for better browsing, assign multiple storage drives and much more. Should be ready a little later this month so keep an eye out for that.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

animagic
animagic
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
Peter, good to hear about the update.

One thing that would be really nice, is to be able to rearrange content in the Content Manager without Smart Gallery getting upset.

I have many prop packs that used to have their own subfolder but that are now placed directly in the root in order to be visible in Smart Gallery. So in Content Gallery I have hundreds of props that are just lumped together.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Reading This Topic