Poser to 3DXchange4

Posted By sjonesdc 14 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Pochontas
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Thanks! I thought that was the reason but I just didn't know how to do it but I followed your instruction and I made it.

But of course there is another problem. It takes forever and ever to load in 3dxchange. What can I do to lover poly count or something?
Pochontas
Pochontas
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

It's a strange problem.

I open Daz 3d and as you can see on pic below that on left menu I have two 'content' folders

And when I click on lower one I get 'figures', 'poses' etc. I click on 'figures' and 'daz people' i open Victoria 2 and it opens quickly and if i want to export it as fbx it goes whiteout problems and it opens in 3dxcnage quickly. But when I go step backward in same lower 'content' folder and click 'poses' i get those alien morphs but whenever i click on them she won't turn into an alien she only changes her skin color.

Then I go on upper 'content' folder and open Victoria 2. She opens slowly but when i click on 'poses' she turns into alien with no problems. But when I export it as fbx file I can't open it in 3dxcnage no matter how much i wait.
Edited
14 Years Ago by Pochontas
gizmo
gizmo
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)

Pochontas (8/27/2010)
Thanks! I thought that was the reason but I just didn't know how to do it but I followed your instruction and I made it.

But of course there is another problem. It takes forever and ever to load in 3dxchange. What can I do to lover poly count or something?

Hi Have a look at this: http://www.daz3d.com/i/3d-models/-/decimator-for-daz?item=10673&_m=d

or even better this: http://www.reallusion.com/creative/creative_daz3d.aspx

Hope it helps.

Cool gizmo

Pochontas
Pochontas
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I'm trying to open prop file (.pp2 extension) for Poser in Daz studio but when I open it there are no textures on it. I tried putting file in the same folder with texture files but still nothing. Anyone know how to solve this problem?
animagic
animagic
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 10 hours ago
Other than with iClone, where everything is in a single file, a Poser pp2 file is a library file with references to other files. Just now, I tried importing a Poser file I had copied from another system and it couldn't find a texture file, but DAZ complained that it couldn't find the file. If you can import the pp2 file and you don't get any messages complaining it should show up. Moving the file itself or moving the textures won't help, because the references will be off. If the file shows correctly in Poser, then it should show correctly in DAZ if it is the same file. I'm opening my Poser content from my Poser directory, as I believe the DAZ content manager is a complete disaster.

Anyway, as a last resort, you can open the pp2 file in a text editor such as Notepad and this will tell you where the textures are supposed to be. These are either directory paths relative to the Poser runtime or absolute directory paths. In my case an absolute path was incorrect but the same problem would have occurred in Poser.

Of course, I'm not an expert. A quick search revealed that for more complicated texture/shader setups there may cause problems. Did you try the DAZ forum?

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Pochontas
Pochontas
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Yeah you're right. It also doesn't have textures when I open/ install it in Poser. And no I haven't tried on Daz forums yet and thanks.

Reading This Topic