Daz character with Explus, Acculips and iphone live motion

Posted By Casanuda 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Daz character with Explus, Acculips and iphone live motion

Author
Casanuda
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (314 reputation)Senior Member (314 reputation)Senior Member (314 reputation)Senior Member (314 reputation)Senior Member (314 reputation)Senior Member (314 reputation)Senior Member (314 reputation)Senior Member (314 reputation)Senior Member (314 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 13 hours ago
Hi,

Is it possible to import a Daz character via 3DXchange so that it works with Acculips, Explus and iphone face capture.
Following the tutorials I can only get the standard expressions to work.
For my needs I would like to keep the standard Daz mappings and weights rather than using the conversion process in CC.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Cas
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 hours ago
Hi...

To be able to use the new AccuLips and ExPlus features requires a Standard CC character or GameBase character. You can't use the Non-Standard Characters that 3DXchange 7 creates.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
Actually, Pete is both right and wrong.

You can't use Acculips and iPhone live motion with a 3DX character, but you CAN apply saved motions you created with Acculips and iPhone Live motion on ANOTHER character to a 3DX one, as long as the 3DX one is mapped correctly.

For example, I have done this with the Daz cat, created an Acculips script as well as captured my iPhone face for emotions and saved the whole thing as an iMotionPlus file, which applied fine to the cat.  So there IS a workaround.

(I don't think there's any way to uses Explus, though -- 3DX would have to allow us to be able to create the proper morphs for it.  Although, now that I think about it, I DID use Explus on the character that I created the motions on.  Hmmm, need to play some more with that).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
Okay, just tested and I was wrong -- ExPlus stuff does NOT come over.

Visemes generated from Acculips do, however.  Again, as long as you've mapped those correctly in 3DX.  I suppose if 3DX was EVER going to be updated (it won't - I'll be long dead) it would be nice to have the ability to add the ExPlus expressions to external characters.  If it helps the OP, there's a rumor that CC3 WILL support third party characters at some point.  If I were a betting man, though, I'd bet a dollar I'll also be long dead before that happens (but that has more of a chance of happening than 3DX ever being a 64bit program.  So you younger folks may well enjoy that possibility).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Casanuda
Casanuda
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (314 reputation)Senior Member (314 reputation)Senior Member (314 reputation)Senior Member (314 reputation)Senior Member (314 reputation)Senior Member (314 reputation)Senior Member (314 reputation)Senior Member (314 reputation)Senior Member (314 reputation)

Last Active: 13 hours ago
Hi,

Thanks for the replies. Pity...but I'll work around it.

Thanks
Cas

Reading This Topic