Profile Picture

I want to make a character in CC3 with optimized materials/mesh, animate it in iClone, and use it in...

Posted By sshoro.art 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

I want to make a character in CC3 with optimized materials/mesh,...

Author
sshoro.art
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (125 reputation)Junior Member (125 reputation)Junior Member (125 reputation)Junior Member (125 reputation)Junior Member (125 reputation)Junior Member (125 reputation)Junior Member (125 reputation)Junior Member (125 reputation)Junior Member (125 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hi all,

I am new to Character Creator 3 and loving it so far, but I am a bit confused about the pipeline.

I made a character in CC3.  I was hoping to 1.) merge the character's materials and reduce polys, 2.) send it to iClone, which I will use to create animations for the character (lip syncs and mocap animations), and finally, 3.) import the character and its animations into Unity.

I think I must be misunderstanding the pipeline somewhere, because it does not seem like you can merge the materials before sending it to iClone.  I can only see that I can merge the materials before exporting to FBX.  Does that mean that I have to merge the materials, export as FBX, then use 3DXchange to remap the bones and ultimately get the character into iClone?  How can I do this in a way that preserves the mouth and facial morphs?  I'd like to merge the materials to save space, but I do need this character to be able to have talking animations and different facial expressions.

I am also seeing that CC3 has motions in it but I'm unable to find much on the subject...  Perhaps I should create the animations in iClone first, and then send them to CC3 before exporting them with my optimized character?  How can I do that?

Thank you in advance for any help!
3DChick
3DChick
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)

Last Active: 6 days ago
On the remeshing, I followed what this guy did in this tutorial. He's really good. 

On "motions" in CC3, they're really poses--i.e. one frame. So if you are using a motion, it will only apply the first frame in CC3. The naming convention is a little odd that way.

Does that answer that question?

Nicole

sshoro.art
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (125 reputation)Junior Member (125 reputation)Junior Member (125 reputation)Junior Member (125 reputation)Junior Member (125 reputation)Junior Member (125 reputation)Junior Member (125 reputation)Junior Member (125 reputation)Junior Member (125 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Thanks Nicole!  Which tutorial for remeshing?
And hmm, okay - so importing the iMotion files is only for posing the character?  I thought I remembered seeing that, if the character was exported as an FBX with animations, the Auto Setup script for Unity would create an Animator Controller automatically for it.  But I haven't tried that yet myself.  I did think it was odd that there was no way to preview the animations in CC3 so if it's for the pose only, then that makes sense.  Thanks for the info.
Edited
3 Years Ago by sshoro.art
animagic
animagic
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
sshoro.art (3/31/2021)
And hmm, okay - so importing the iMotion files is only for posing the character?  I thought I remembered seeing that, if the character was exported as an FBX with animations, the Auto Setup script for Unity would create an Animator Controller automatically for it.  But I haven't tried that yet myself.  I did think it was odd that there was no way to preview the animations in CC3 so if it's for the pose only, then that makes sense.  Thanks for the info.

You are correct, you can export characters from CC with animation. I don't have CC open right now, but I believe the Export dialog gives you an option to export motions with FBX.

I'm not versed in Unity or Unreal, but it should work. You just can't preview motions in CC.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

3DChick
3DChick
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)

Last Active: 6 days ago
So sorry! It's like attachments to email, which I invariably send without the actual attachments.

This guy: Antareus. 

:-)

Reading This Topic