Profile Picture

Calibration in fine detail?

Posted By ade.p 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
ade.p
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (151 reputation)Junior Member (151 reputation)Junior Member (151 reputation)Junior Member (151 reputation)Junior Member (151 reputation)Junior Member (151 reputation)Junior Member (151 reputation)Junior Member (151 reputation)Junior Member (151 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 days ago
We have just taken the plunge and purchased Reallusion + Perception Neuron V2 and and ipad for live face.  I am completely new to all the software and to 3D work in general.

Mostly, it's doing well, but we're really struggling with calibration of the PN matching the avatar in iClone.  When we set all the bone length in the Axis Neuron body size manager, we can get the various limbs to accurately track or mocap actor.  However, when we motion live that to iClone, it does not match the positions in axis neuron software.  For instance, when the actor touches his nose with both hands, the fingers appear in the correct place in AN but they are too low down, crossing over each other inside the torso of the (default CC3+) avatar in iClone.

If we use a default body size in AN, they both behave more or less the same, but when we push the shoulders to be much larger in AN to get the correct behaviour there, it does not seem to make any change in iClone.

1) Is there anything we can do in iClone or in AN to calibrate on a limb-by-limb basis, ideally allowing left and right sides to be adjusted separately?
2) If not, can someone point me please to tutorials which will help me get started on fixing the capture in the timeline after recording? 

We have tried various fiddles and fudges, like changing the location of the sensors (further up or down the arms, twisted around the front or back a little, etc) and can get quite dramatic differences, but haven't been able to get close to having it work correctly in iClone 7.
Gotan
Gotan
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (71 reputation)New Member (71 reputation)New Member (71 reputation)New Member (71 reputation)New Member (71 reputation)New Member (71 reputation)New Member (71 reputation)New Member (71 reputation)New Member (71 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
Thanks for brining this question up. I have the same issue. Also, the thumb mocap does not retarget correctly from PN to iClone.

I would appreciate any input from other users :-). 

Thank you!

Reading This Topic