Profile Picture

Unreal LiveLink 1.2 doesn't work!

Posted By ziolut34 3 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
ziolut34
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (289 reputation)Senior Member (289 reputation)Senior Member (289 reputation)Senior Member (289 reputation)Senior Member (289 reputation)Senior Member (289 reputation)Senior Member (289 reputation)Senior Member (289 reputation)Senior Member (289 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
What a nightmare! I've installed iclone 7.9 update and Iclone Live link new update 1.2 (auto setup) + Unreal 4.26.1 Live Link update 1.3 and ...

Nothing works!
UE output log error: "Live Link: Warning: (01) Upgrade your code. Curve elements count has changed from the previous frame. That will clear the previous frames of that subject."

I can't transfer characters or props...
HOURS of re-installing updates, Auto-setup, Content, plugin folders as said in .text help file!

And honestly, what a mess in all your tutorials, pages and pages that refers to other outdated pages... with old versions numbers. I don't understand how you guys can't clean up these tutorials and provide a simple automatized installation process!

It's so frustrating ... Once again ... and on every update it's the same sh** !

Reallusion, any idea?
Edited
3 Years Ago by ziolut34
mrtobycook
mrtobycook
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
Hi buddy, sorry that you’re so frustrated! I would definitely post this in the Live link section - you’ve posted in wrong section so it’s less likely that anyone will see it who knows anything :-) also the feedback tracker is where you should post first because that is where the support teams are looking, not on forum (except Peter and some customer facing people), and then add a support ticket for yourself, then post to the live link section of the forum. That’s the way to get answers asap!

Seems like there are some bugs and they are doing their best to fix them - give them a chance though, this is a massive update and it’s a pandemic! :-) 

hope it works soon! I know how frustrating it can all be :-( hang in there!

toby

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d11fc97b-7387-4f19-bb1e-0785.png
virtualfilmer.com | youtube

ziolut34
ziolut34
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (289 reputation)Senior Member (289 reputation)Senior Member (289 reputation)Senior Member (289 reputation)Senior Member (289 reputation)Senior Member (289 reputation)Senior Member (289 reputation)Senior Member (289 reputation)Senior Member (289 reputation)

Thank you for your help @mrtobycook

Can you please tell me where the "LiveLink section is? I thought it was here because it's named "Plug-ins: Unreal Live Link" !
Thanks
Bassline303
Bassline303
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)

Last Active: 11 hours ago
Be sure you have installed  CC_Setup 1.2 and not 1.1.
RL fixed the download link , now you can DL the latest CC_Setup :

https://www.reallusion.com/character-creator/unreal-engine-auto-setup.html

For "Live Link" you can update or download the latest Version on the Epic Store.
Edited
3 Years Ago by Bassline303
carloserlogo
carloserlogo
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (23 reputation)New Member (23 reputation)New Member (23 reputation)New Member (23 reputation)New Member (23 reputation)New Member (23 reputation)New Member (23 reputation)New Member (23 reputation)New Member (23 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
could you solve it? i have the same issue,
It worked when I started a new project in unreal, 
but it failed again the same day,
I bought the ad-onn "move that camera" and everything started to fail,
I thought that was it, but now it is uninstalled
and I can't find information anywhere, but look that video has the same error - and live link works good there
it must be something else - 1:03 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUyU_HuUbW4
Bassline303
Bassline303
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)

Last Active: 11 hours ago
Double check if Live Link 1.3 is installed in UE4 and CC_Setup 1.2 :

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/5f4c5f50-0c79-47e3-91e8-b647.jpg

There are 2 ways how to import into UE4 and Live Linking :

carloserlogo
carloserlogo
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (23 reputation)New Member (23 reputation)New Member (23 reputation)New Member (23 reputation)New Member (23 reputation)New Member (23 reputation)New Member (23 reputation)New Member (23 reputation)New Member (23 reputation)

Thanks for the answer, the truth is that I do not know what happens,
I have found that if I create a new project and then load the original project again the link works,
I do not know why,
also i created a backup for unreal project
and i should load every time the link fails, it is not ideal but it works like this, 
i think there is a button that I am not found yet, maybe a refresh button or something that cleans the animations and transfers

and thanks for the videos they look great
carloserlogo
carloserlogo
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

ziolut34
ziolut34
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

I started a fresh re-install of Live Link 1.3 for UE4 and CC_Setup 1.2 from your links.
I started a fresh new project from scratch in UE 4 with only a blank scene.
After adding Source/LiveLink port 54321, LiveLink plugin see Characters, camera, props and lights from iClone.
But when I select only one character and hit "Transfer File" ... Nothing happens!
No iClone logo, no "UE4Editor-Cmd.exe" starting.

If only I didn't agree for this update!

I'm stucked
I'll try your second method (sending from CC3) and see if I can manage to manipulate from iClone and have sync in UE4...
rosuckmedia
rosuckmedia
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)

Last Active: Today @ 5:43 AM
@ziolut34
It can sometimes take time for the transfer to begin.
Greetings rosuckmedia

Reading This Topic