OFFICIAL iClone 7.9, 7.91, 7.92 and 7.93 Issues Thread

Posted By Peter (RL) 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Author
mark
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 hours ago
Pretty weird for sure. And just so ya know a complete uninstall/reinstall of iC7 imitated a complete "Refresh" of all the old demo projects in SG but it still failed to recognize the two new demo projects, they are still marked 'Free" in the Template/Character folder responding the very same way as before. Oh well can't really complain RL has been very good to me!!!Smile

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

mark
mark
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)

Wondering if the "Hot-Fix" which I see in some posts is no longer necessary, would fix the "Free-Demo" project issue I'm having?
I had no problem with the "Smart-Hair" items they installed just fine in iC7 and CC3 . My issue was with the "Free" AccuLip & ExPlus Demos and I assume the "Face Morph Profile" which I don't seem to have in the SG.

Just wondering if the folks that were having issues with the "Smart-Hair" not installing correctly in SG had no problem with the 2 free Demos being installed?

PROMO-BACK2

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

Edited
3 Years Ago by mark
theschemer
theschemer
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Mark,
  No it probably won't but you can try it anyhow as it won't hurt anything. I have the same exact issue and tech support had me run the Hotfix again and it didn't fix anything. Then I ran DebugView and sent them the output. Now they have forwarded my support ticket to the developers... If you run the Hotfix make sure you unzip the fix into the C drive as that is what they are calling local.
TS
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 16 minutes ago
mark (3/30/2021)
Wondering if the "Hot-Fix" which I see in some posts is no longer necessary, would fix the "Free-Demo" project issue I'm having?
I had no problem with the "Smart-Hair" items they installed just fine in iC7 and CC3 . My issue was with the "Free" AccuLip & ExPlus Demos and I assume the "Face Morph Profile" which I don't seem to have in the SG.

Just wondering if the folks that were having issues with the "Smart-Hair" not installing correctly in SG had no problem with the 2 free Demos being installed?

Hi Mark

Please can you try the following:

Try right clicking the IC7 Demo Project Pack in Smart Gallery and select "View Items". Do you see the two new Demo Projects listed?

If not, try uninstalling the IC7 Demo Project Pack, then close down iClone and restart.

Now open Smart Gallery, reinstall the IC7 Demo Project Pack and see if the two Demo Projects are now listed in "View Items".

If not, wait a little (or click Refresh) to see if the Update appears as an option when right clicking. If it does, update and the Demo Projects should now be available.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Edited
3 Years Ago by Peter (RL)
theschemer
theschemer
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)

Peter,
  I just tried that and it did not fix the issue. The only way I can see the 2 FREE projects is to go to the Content-Template-Character section.
TS

added: If I right click and the Find File, it takes me to the installed file here:
C:\Users\Public\Documents\Reallusion\Template\iClone 7 Template\iClone Template\Project\1. Character
where both of the demo files seem to be there.
Edited
3 Years Ago by theschemer
mr_vidius
mr_vidius
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Last Active: 4 days ago
Peter (RL) (3/30/2021)
mark (3/30/2021)

Hi Mark

Please can you try the following:

Try right clicking the IC7 Demo Project Pack in Smart Gallery and select "View Items". Do you see the two new Demo Projects listed?

If not, try uninstalling the IC7 Demo Project Pack, then close down iClone and restart.

Now open Smart Gallery, reinstall the IC7 Demo Project Pack and see if the two Demo Projects are now listed in "View Items".

If not, wait a little (or click Refresh) to see if the Update appears as an option when right clicking. If it does, update and the Demo Projects should now be available.

very interesting. yesterday, i uninstalled SG. and then reinstalled it. no changes. but this afternoon, i repeated the process, which included closing IC7 and restarting my machine. 
and the projects magically appeared, and work. thank you for the info Peter. 

vidius

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 16 minutes ago
theschemer (3/30/2021)
Peter,
  I just tried that and it did not fix the issue. The only way I can see the 2 FREE projects is to go to the Content-Template-Character section.
TS

added: If I right click and the Find File, it takes me to the installed file here:
C:\Users\Public\Documents\Reallusion\Template\iClone 7 Template\iClone Template\Project\1. Character
where both of the demo files seem to be there.

Sorry to hear it didn't work for you Schemer. As you have already contacted Support they should hopefully be able to find a workaround for you once the dev team has done further testing. It really is causing some head scratching why for some there are no issues but for others the content will just not appear. We can only apologise for the frustration and inconvenience these issues must be causing.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

mark
mark
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thanks for the tips Peter.
That's pretty much what I have been doing the last few day but after I tried it again it still doesn't work. I also tried Mr. Vidus' solution again and still no go.
I hate to cause you guys any more headaches for sure!Wink

PROMO-BACK2

theschemer
theschemer
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I also noticed when I tried to rename the two Free files in explorer by adding "-old" to them, it just changed their names in IC7 with the the "-old" added. So I cut them out of that folder and saved them elsewhere hoping it would see they were missing and reinstall them but no dice. I did notice the file size seems small though for being a demo. One is 874kb and the other is 867kb.
TS
4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
theschemer (3/30/2021)
I also noticed when I tried to rename the two Free files in explorer by adding "-old" to them, it just changed their names in IC7 with the the "-old" added. So I cut them out of that folder and saved them elsewhere hoping it would see they were missing and reinstall them but no dice. I did notice the file size seems small though for being a demo. One is 874kb and the other is 867kb.
TS

Wow, that certainly not projects. Original project sizes are 142 MB and 289 MB

Edited
3 Years Ago by 4u2ges

Reading This Topic