Posted By Peter (RL) 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

OFFICIAL Character Creator 3.41, 3.42, 3.43 and 3.44 Issues Thread

Author
Jeasy
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week

Ok, so on stress testing the new Prime Hair Pack and Beard and Brow generator Packs. seems IRAY doesn't understand the material presets for the new accessories being added. Try rendering them in Iray and they show up with Black Patch behind and do not render properly. Tested every material preset, For hair, beads, eyebrows etc. They look great on screen and transfer animation beautifully but running an iray render in CC3.4 or iClone 7.9 will result in the illusion being broken and there is black path. See my previous post on the forum for example screenshot. 

Need an update patch to be released for these packs at the earliest or the forums are going to be inundated by tickets. @peter-RL 

Edited
3 Years Ago by Jeasy
4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Balbo beard from purchased hair pack is in Trial mode.
Uninstalled/installed the pack already. Run all available DRM options from Help menu.

(don't dare say a word about my beautiful screenshot Tongue)

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/0b9871ee-d06d-4939-9a61-bc26.jpg

Moreover I get this in my account. That piece is part of the mentioned Balbo beard.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/868c9bed-0e36-40c0-a84f-bb81.jpg

Please fix, or let me know how to fix it

4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)

Jeasy (3/25/2021)

Ok, so on stress testing the new Prime Hair Pack and Beard and Brow generator Packs. seems IRAY doesn't understand the material presets for the new accessories being added. Try rendering them in Iray and they show up with Black Patch behind and do not render properly. Tested every material preset, For hair, beads, eyebrows etc. They look great on screen and transfer animation beautifully but running an iray render in CC3.4 or iClone 7.9 will result in the illusion being broken and there is black path. See my previous post on the forum for example screenshot. 

Need an update patch to be released for these packs at the earliest or the forums are going to be inundated by tickets. @peter-RL 

Wow! Is that a problem with shadows? Shadow supposed to be softer as you decrease opacity. Not the case with Hair shadows. It stays as is even if you completely hide hair with opacity slider:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/8cb4ed2f-0ab5-49a7-90e1-9e6f.jpg

Even Regular hair looks bad.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/0297b9ba-bbab-476c-a352-fd48.jpg

Edited
3 Years Ago by 4u2ges
gordryd
gordryd
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)

Last Active: Today @ 2:45 AM
@4u2ges - I noticed this on the Beard page in the Content Store -- seemed odd that this would be "derivative" since this is brand new content.  I think this base content is the same one you are having trouble with (if you click on the orange font link it goes to an empty product page...)
Note:

This is a derivative content from the following base content. Please make sure you have the base content for this content to function as a full version. A derivative content can not be uploaded for sale unless it is modified from a base content. Chinstrap_Sparse

Reallusion Certified Director / Reallusion Best Visual Award / Reallusion Certified Content Developer
See all the G-Tools Plug-Ins available for iClone here: G-Tools Plug-Ins

Asolo
Asolo
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (590 reputation)Veteran Member (590 reputation)Veteran Member (590 reputation)Veteran Member (590 reputation)Veteran Member (590 reputation)Veteran Member (590 reputation)Veteran Member (590 reputation)Veteran Member (590 reputation)Veteran Member (590 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Everything works great for me only CC3 Hirewire Teaser Pack i also got double but uninstall first with smart gallery and installed back with smart gallery it work great back
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c70d6873-cbb4-4b74-9d92-bea7.jpg
4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

gordryd (3/25/2021)
@4u2ges - I noticed this on the Beard page in the Content Store -- seemed odd that this would be "derivative" since this is brand new content.  I think this base content is the same one you are having trouble with (if you click on the orange font link it goes to an empty product page...)
Note:

This is a derivative content from the following base content. Please make sure you have the base content for this content to function as a full version. A derivative content can not be uploaded for sale unless it is modified from a base content. Chinstrap_Sparse

lol, yeah that is true, just looked at it. That is the one. Should not be derivative from some base content. I think it is just an honest error in content and would be fixed.

4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Jeasy (3/25/2021)

Oh boy, I forgot. You have to totally increase all lights shapes to soften the shadows in Iray. I never payed attention to shapes size before, because it was probably high enough for good, soft shadows. In this version it is realtively small and causing trouble.

RL, please reset Iray light shapes to optimal values!

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/eea8d627-19e6-4a5b-865a-0901.jpg

Edited
3 Years Ago by 4u2ges
animagic
animagic
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 22 minutes ago
In CC, under the Hair Template, I am not able to access any of the new content (Eyebrows, Beard). CC just hangs and I have to kill it.

This is probably related to Smart Gallery not working? 

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Edited
3 Years Ago by animagic
gordryd
gordryd
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)

Last Active: Today @ 2:45 AM
@TonyDPrime - The Facial Editor 'glitch' is not just isolated to Daz characters.  I loaded the provided Caleb CC3+ character and ran through the presets.  >50% of the expressions have 'poke-through' around the mouth when the level is set to 100%.

Reallusion Certified Director / Reallusion Best Visual Award / Reallusion Certified Content Developer
See all the G-Tools Plug-Ins available for iClone here: G-Tools Plug-Ins

Jeasy
Jeasy
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Your IRAY render looks much better and not like what I'm getting as results. Did you figure out what is causing those harsh shadows etc? Could you possibly share your settings as a work around please.

4u2ges (3/25/2021)
Jeasy (3/25/2021)

Oh boy, I forgot. You have to totally increase all lights shapes to soften the shadows in Iray. I never payed attention to shapes size before, because it was probably high enough for good, soft shadows. In this version it is realtively small and causing trouble.

RL, please reset Iray light shapes to optimal values!

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/eea8d627-19e6-4a5b-865a-0901.jpg

Reading This Topic