OFFICIAL Character Creator 3.41, 3.42, 3.43 and 3.44 Issues Thread

Posted By Peter (RL) 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

OFFICIAL Character Creator 3.41, 3.42, 3.43 and 3.44 Issues Thread

Author
amtenorio2000
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (273 reputation)Senior Member (273 reputation)Senior Member (273 reputation)Senior Member (273 reputation)Senior Member (273 reputation)Senior Member (273 reputation)Senior Member (273 reputation)Senior Member (273 reputation)Senior Member (273 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
Hello everybody

I just acquire iClone 7 and Character Creator 3. I installed the packages in my laptop running Windows 10 without any problem.
However, installing in my desktop, a Mac Pro computer with Bootcamp and Windows 8.1, when I try to run Character Creator 3, this message shows up:

Failed to initial Smart Gallery.
Local database not connected.
Please contact Reallusion Support, error = 6.

I uninstall my antivirus and malwarebytes in my computer, and uninstall/install Character Creator 3 from Reallusion Hub application sevarl times, restarting the computer, but problem persists.

Can you help me?

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 12 hours ago
Hi...

Try uninstalling the Smart Gallery plug-in from the Reallusion Hub and then try to launch Character Creator 3. Does it now launch and run ok?

If everything is running smoothly without issue, try re-installing the Smart Gallery plug-in and see if the issue is now gone.

Please Note: Do make sure that you are running Windows with an Administrator account.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

DeeEssW
DeeEssW
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (35 reputation)New Member (35 reputation)New Member (35 reputation)New Member (35 reputation)New Member (35 reputation)New Member (35 reputation)New Member (35 reputation)New Member (35 reputation)New Member (35 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I'm getting an error when attempting to import an exported CC3+ character back into CC3.4.3.
- Export > FBX(Clothed Character)
- Target Tool Preset = 3ds Max
- Import the FBX into 3ds max.
- Don't do anything to the character in Max, just testing to see if import/export works.
- In Max, export the character back out as an FBX. Have tried both Export and Export Selected. Both give same results.
- In CC3, Import the FBX that was exported from Max.
- Select correct Decrypt Key File.
- CC3 attempts to import the file for a few seconds then a Character Import Status Report pops up with multiple "Missing the designated Material" errors.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/7554d25b-37fd-4ee9-b4d8-6409.jpg

I have used this exact same workflow many times in the past with CC2 characters without any problems.

Any help would be appreciated.

Dorothy Jean
Dorothy Jean
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
I would suggest that you use the free CC3 to blender add on. There is an import and export feature inside the addon that has all the correct export settings auto set up so it should help.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/dbdccbe9-2417-45d2-b87d-7b31.jpg

DeeEssW
DeeEssW
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (35 reputation)New Member (35 reputation)New Member (35 reputation)New Member (35 reputation)New Member (35 reputation)New Member (35 reputation)New Member (35 reputation)New Member (35 reputation)New Member (35 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Hi Dorothy Jean,
Thanks for replying, but as I mentioned in my original post, I'm using 3ds Max not Blender. It seems like the CC3 to Max and back to CC3 functionality that used to work in CC2 is now broken.
When exporting from CC3 using the Max target tool preset, it creates a Decrypt Key File, the only point of which is to allow the file to be imported back into CC3.
I'm not a Blender user and I don't wish to switch to it in order to modify a CC3+ character or clothing and import it back to CC3. 
Jfrog
Jfrog
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
I haven't read this thread  so perhaps this is already a known bug but I can't select motions when clicking on custom when using "include motions" it does not open any window.
EDIT: My mistake!  I could not see the folder open tab. I had no idea I had to scroll with my mouse to see the rest of the window and the folder icon.

Ryzen R9 5950x, RTX 3090, 128Gb Ram ,2 x 2 TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 SSD

Horror Stories in VR
Immersive Sound VR
Immersive Sound VR on Oculus TV

Edited
3 Years Ago by Jfrog
animagic
animagic
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 10 hours ago
There is no thread for CC 3.43 issues, so here goes.

When I launch CC, it always gets stuck on loading CCAvatarShaping.dll (something like that), and I have to kill the process.

If I then launch CC again, it loads fine. This is repeatable for me (although I guess it's unique).

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Edited
3 Years Ago by animagic
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 12 hours ago
We have today released the 3.44 update for Character Creator 3 . However as always we do need your assistance to help us track down any remaining bugs, glitches or other issues.

Important: If you do find any bugs, issues or glitches in Character Creator 3.44, please can you report them first in the Feedback Tracker. Then feel free to discuss the issues in this thread but do try to include a link back to the original Feedback Tracker report or your tracker number.

Thank you.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)

Last Active: 10 hours ago
I rarely use Appearance Editor for outfit, but when I do, it crashes on basic operations.
It's been like that for a long time (maybe it's just my installation).

FT: https://www.reallusion.com/FeedBackTracker/Issue/CC-would-crash-inside-Appearance-Editor-for-outfit

General Picture Animation
General Picture Animation
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
I'm not familiar with that problem, but it makes me think of a similar problem with Modify panel.
It's very easy for certain icons on the right (such as the bitmap launch and the UV launch) to disappear from view, unless you know that you have to widen the panel/scroll to the right to see them all.
This needs to be corrected so that important icons never disappear.

Animating now to life itself --Walt Whitman 

Reading This Topic