Posted By Peter (RL) 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

OFFICIAL Character Creator 3.41, 3.42, 3.43 and 3.44 Issues Thread

Author
Peter (RL)
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Dear Character Creator Users,

We have now released the 3.44 update for Character Creator 3 . However as always we do need your assistance to help us track down any remaining bugs, glitches or other issues.

Important: If you do find any bugs, issues or glitches in Character Creator 3.44, please can you report them first in the Feedback Tracker. Then feel free to discuss the issues in this thread but do try to include a link back to the original Feedback Tracker report or your tracker number.

As always it will help us greatly if we can keep all technical issue discussion in the one place (this thread). This will help the development team keep track of any problems.

Please try to provide your full system specifications and a detailed description of the problem when reporting issues and if possible try to include screenshots and/or a workflow video. If you can provide steps so we can try and reproduce the problem that really help too.

Many thanks and have fun with Character Creator. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Edited
3 Years Ago by Peter (RL)
wires
wires
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 days ago
There is no CC 3.4 version area in the Feedback Tracker, and also no Smart Gallery area so I'll just post here.

The latest "Smart Gallery" version does not function in CC 3.4:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/5042581e-181a-4101-a0fb-937d.png

It does work in iClone 7.9.

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

mrtobycook
mrtobycook
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
SmartHair doesn’t support physics? mike Kelly and I were asking about this on the CC3.4 announcement thread and Peter(RL) yelled at us lol.

So I’m posting here instead Smile

SmartHair... physics? Etc. Smile

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d11fc97b-7387-4f19-bb1e-0785.png
virtualfilmer.com | youtube

nildoessa
nildoessa
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (664 reputation)Veteran Member (664 reputation)Veteran Member (664 reputation)Veteran Member (664 reputation)Veteran Member (664 reputation)Veteran Member (664 reputation)Veteran Member (664 reputation)Veteran Member (664 reputation)Veteran Member (664 reputation)

Last Active: 5 hours ago
Im having issues loading the free assets of smart-hair... its on a continuous loop.. the suggested workaround to activate in iclone does not work for me either
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
As I also posted there I'll remark here that I took one of the new Hair styles sold that said it didn't have physics and applied a weight map and it (mostly) worked.  There were some small strands that floated free, but that's an issue with my design of the weight map and not the hair itself.

It does beg the question of WHY these hair styles were not provided with weight maps, at least the long ones.  I don't know if RL was being lazy, or just forgetful or just not understanding that long hair like some of these without weight maps is useless, but they really ought to provide them.

At least we know there is nothing specific with the new hair system to prohibit hair physics.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)

Last Active: 4 days ago
There must be a lot of network traffic with updating, my iClone won't finish, it keeps pausing and sitting after about 20-25% done.  Farthest I got was 89%...so close!  
So I figured I would download directly from the member login page instead of the updater, and I can't even get in there. 
After I type in log-in the info, the site just shows the circle spiraling over and over again.  So I cannot login to the member forum.
Other sites working fine, but I guess I'm competing with everyone else network-wise now looking to get the updates.  
Which, is all a good sign....it means business is good, which means great things for us content creators!
TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)

Last Active: 4 days ago
Some install anomalies - 

Hub crashed 3 or 4 times during my install, and this one said that it had crashed at 97%...I was like "Fuuuuuuuuuu$$$######!!!!!!!"

But then, it miraculously then showed as installed!

So it proceeds, but this last thing it kept looping over and over again. 

I just kept installing it over and over thinking it just needed to run its process, but the only way I was able to get it to end was to hit 'Cancel', and then it said something like 'You cancelled the install', then it said something like "click Finish to complete the installation".  So I clicked 'Finish' when it then showed it, and it confirmed that the Faceware thing was installed....and then also a popup came up from the Hub that said "Installation Finished"
So......I guess it worked!

PS - the Member Login site to this point wouldn't let me log in.
Edited
3 Years Ago by Peter (RL)
animagic
animagic
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 10 hours ago
mrtobycook (3/24/2021)
SmartHair doesn’t support physics? mike Kelly and I were asking about this on the CC3.4 announcement thread and Peter(RL) yelled at us lol.

Peter didn't yell, he hardly ever does, he just asked to report issues in the dedicated thread. 

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Asolo
Asolo
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (590 reputation)Veteran Member (590 reputation)Veteran Member (590 reputation)Veteran Member (590 reputation)Veteran Member (590 reputation)Veteran Member (590 reputation)Veteran Member (590 reputation)Veteran Member (590 reputation)Veteran Member (590 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Good job Reallusion...really cool guys...tq 
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/b1643d7c-8a15-4b44-aeec-8d2f.jpg
animagic
animagic
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 10 hours ago
I had a problem that the Hub wouldn't even start the update process. I had the quit and log in again, after which it worked.

Some installs (3DXchange for example) require the user to acknowledge, which shouldn't be necessary.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Reading This Topic