Daz to 3dxchange using fbx

Posted By sumthinwong 14 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
sumthinwong
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Not sure if this problem is caused by fbx or 3dxchange....exporting characters or props with applied textures or morphs from Daz causes 3dxchange to crash...removing same transfers ok...anyone have this same problem and know of a solution? Thanks

All arts is political, otherwise it would just be decoration. And all artists have something to say, otherwise they'd make shoes.

Earl of Oxford

duchess110
duchess110
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Not sure if this is the cause but I feel its the morphs. As in max you see the original and also can extract the morphs as a mesh. So maybe the both are going into exchange and causing the crash. Daz is high on polys without having the original mesh plus the morph. Although you can hide parts I think although hidden they are also exported maybe have a play with the settings or saving the morph as a stand alone character in Daz and then see what happens.

Sorry can't think of any other suggestions. Maybe someone with more Daz experience can give some advice.

Duchess Designs Store 

SeanMac
SeanMac
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
It is always difficult to know what people mean when they say the computer / program crashes.
I found that when exporting from Daz studio 3 to 3DXChange 4, the program went into an infinite loop if it was told to look for something that did not exist.

So 3DX runs forever if you tell it there are props in the file when there are none, or an animation in the file when there is none.

It also cuts loading time down if you tell 3DX as near as possible the second count of the animation and the sampling rate.

Oddly enough, 3DX does not mind active morphs being ticked. It is the props and the animation that have to be watched.

Hope that is of some help.
0oseven
0oseven
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
I have attempted fbx transfer from daz's Carrara which has fbx export. Victoria for example export/import s quickly and perfectly - Carraras axis are the same as iclone so no reorientation needed. But Soon as I apply textures to Victoria ( for a different look ) 3dexhange has a problem.

Sometimes clothing imports with texture ok sometimes not. I guess its getting the right combination of export settings from Carrara ( and maybe Daz studio too) but definitel body textures cause 3dexchange to hang.

Pity - I'd reall ylike to buy Iclone but no way until I can get Daz characters into it - fully clothed too with makeup.
gizmo
gizmo
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
sumthinwong (4/13/2010)
Not sure if this problem is caused by fbx or 3dxchange....exporting characters or props with applied textures or morphs from Daz causes 3dxchange to crash...removing same transfers ok...anyone have this same problem and know of a solution? Thanks

I had problems with 3dchange at first. You really need 'decimator' for your Wavefront.obj props. This makes a huge difference. Now I can bring in almost anything from Daz to x3dchange. In fact if you are willing to 'decimate hard' I'm sure you could bring in anything. I've can also easily add characters via fbx together with animations, although I've not tried that much yet. (Interesting but not always practable). Morph's I've never used but I think duchess is correct on that score.

There is a Daz to 3dxchange tutorial on YouTube, which was very helpful to me as it gave all the correct export setting from Daz. That is defiantly worth a look. (Just use search Daz to 3dxchange).

Cool gizmo

Reading This Topic