I still think Actor Core is way over priced

Posted By Data Juggler 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Data Juggler
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 hours ago
Yesterday I needed a shower scene.

10 or 12 seconds was $6.00, the cost of a pizza I buy and get two meals, so I spent the time to create the motions for a shower.

$1 or $2 I might have bought it.

You price this for companies, not people who do this as a hobby.

I won't buy any at your prices, I am sure others feel the same way and are just not as vocal.

$6 = eating twice, me and my best friend:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/3beb95c9-dc6c-4dcd-b9db-a0b7.png
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/cb1b417f-be05-489e-aefc-f095.jpg

Creator of the free website:
PixelDatabase.Net
A Free Online Text Based Image Editor
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/6e6663e2-0ecf-447a-ab3d-d49d.png

Albert_RL
Albert_RL
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (341 reputation)Senior Member (341 reputation)Senior Member (341 reputation)Senior Member (341 reputation)Senior Member (341 reputation)Senior Member (341 reputation)Senior Member (341 reputation)Senior Member (341 reputation)Senior Member (341 reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: Last Year
Hi Data Juggler,

Thank you for the advice,
we understand that our motions seems pricey at first glance,
our motion sequences' price are varied from $1.50 - $12.00 depending on its length.

I'd informed our sales and marketing team, 
they will continue to discuss our pricing strategy and make adjustments accordingly.

Edited
3 Years Ago by Albert_RL
nealtucker
nealtucker
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I think Actorcore is a great idea for real and convincing movement but the pricing will be an issue for us hobby users,  maybe their core aim is for semi-pro or pros with a budget of some kind? for instance, and this may or may not apply but I look at it like this, I/We are sort of competing with real amateur actors to perform for a small fee or credit. At my mature film-making club, we have many volunteers willing to act for a whole day for a meal and transport cost at an average of £10.00 or less which makes ActorCore set pieces seem overpriced.

I do like the nice video previews on AC which are missing from the hundreds of motions I already have which is the problem when fitting convincing movements together, they usually take a fair bit of tweaking to look natural.
Maybe some sort of online AI blend sequencer could be the future where we can plot out the movements we want and download the files at a price per minute? I tried out the AI voice actor site and that was very good and at 4 hours of speech for $24 is something I will definitely consider when I have the right project.
Neal   

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
View my latest Iclone project THEY ARE HERE Renegades versus the overlords Resize Editor
Albert_RL
Albert_RL
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (341 reputation)Senior Member (341 reputation)Senior Member (341 reputation)Senior Member (341 reputation)Senior Member (341 reputation)Senior Member (341 reputation)Senior Member (341 reputation)Senior Member (341 reputation)Senior Member (341 reputation)

Group: Moderators
Hi nealtucker,

Our mission is for ActorCore is to let people use our contents in anyway they want,
although I cannot reveal unannounced features, we do have great plans in our roadmap BigGrin

On the other hand, we will continue to discuss the pricing strategy with our sales team,
stay safe, stay healthy, stay tuned.
Edited
3 Years Ago by Albert_RL
new-own
new-own
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

I know right?
I was happy but then after seeing the prices, I decided to keep collecting money to buy a mocap suit. They would have made a successful market move if they reconsider the price to $0.99 per mocap clip that is less than 10 sec. and anything above 10 seconds is $1.99 Cool That would even attract non-reallusion users to join the club. BigGrin

Just saying. Rolleyes
Data Juggler
Data Juggler
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)

Last Active: 5 hours ago
I had some money in my account, was shopping for motions again last night, and I felt like I could create most of them and go buy me something nice.

I think being a director in a real movie would be easier than being an animator, because if you tell an actor to go sit in a chair, he/she probably knows what a chair is and what sit means.

Creator of the free website:
PixelDatabase.Net
A Free Online Text Based Image Editor
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/6e6663e2-0ecf-447a-ab3d-d49d.png

Edited
3 Years Ago by Data Juggler
Am7add9
Am7add9
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
take a look here
https://www.youtube.com/c/KemalTopal/videos

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 7 minutes ago
Hi Data Juggler

Here is a little feedback from our Sales Manager to help explain the pricing of ActorCore.

"Actorcore offers different purchase options for the customers' needs. 

Packed in individual items or well themed bundle packs with the price range from $0~$200 which is based on the industry standard quote. All the contents are in AAA+ quality and optimized ready to export for most of the 3D environments without additional editing/modification required.

Over $200 value of Free motions are also provided for your full experience.

If you click the "items" tab where it indicates view: all/packs/items in your ActorCore browser you can purchase motions individually for as little as $2.25 and just select the ones you need for your project rather than purchase the entire pack as would have been required before ActorCore.

Thank you again for your suggestions and your voices are always most welcomed."

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Edited
3 Years Ago by Peter (RL)
creativeashok
creativeashok
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (457 reputation)Senior Member (457 reputation)Senior Member (457 reputation)Senior Member (457 reputation)Senior Member (457 reputation)Senior Member (457 reputation)Senior Member (457 reputation)Senior Member (457 reputation)Senior Member (457 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hi All,

I also felt the same, its over priced. since we brought all the tools (Iclone7 CC3 and etc) from re-allusion. we should get this motions for  1 to 3$ . The pack is comes with 70$ and above for 18 motions and average we gets 4.8$ it should have down to 3$  , 3x18 = 49$ is perfect for any this motion pack. So i suggest 3$ is max and 1$ is min for any motion for re-allusion members.
thanks
Ashok r

Reading This Topic