G2 character moves slightly off floor when I add preset motions

Posted By VocalPics 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

G2 character moves slightly off floor when I add preset motions

Author
VocalPics
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (450 reputation)Senior Member (450 reputation)Senior Member (450 reputation)Senior Member (450 reputation)Senior Member (450 reputation)Senior Member (450 reputation)Senior Member (450 reputation)Senior Member (450 reputation)Senior Member (450 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Bought CTA3 in 2018 and have only just started to use it for a demo for a client project!
I have added a G2 character (Walter) to the stage complete with morph head, and when I have added a number of preset motion animations, his feet sometimes move off the ground a bit which just doesn't look right. The worst preset is Talk Explain from the G2 Power Tools Vol 2. I'm sure this is something I'm not doing right. So how do you make sure a character doesn't move around unintentionally with different preset motion animations.
Any help gratefully received.
vepop
vepop
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Which preset motion did you use?
I'll try to emulate and see what the problem is.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/9331d0a4-6a4b-4e86-9f88-963f.jpg
YouTube Tutorials Here
VocalPics
VocalPics
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (450 reputation)Senior Member (450 reputation)Senior Member (450 reputation)Senior Member (450 reputation)Senior Member (450 reputation)Senior Member (450 reputation)Senior Member (450 reputation)Senior Member (450 reputation)Senior Member (450 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hi Vepop, thanks for getting back to me.
I used a number of preset animations from G2 Power Tools Volume 2 and strung them together.
At the beginning I used "Talk happy male 0", then added "Talk explain 0" plus a few others afterwards. Sometimes I blended them to avoid jumps. Is this is a regular problem when adding preset animations? And if so, is there a simple way to always make sure the feet stay on the floor? Or it maybe I inadvertently did something wrong when experimenting earlier and ended up changing the position of the character between animation clips.

I would be grateful for any thoughts you have on this.
vepop
vepop
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
If you are talking about the 'leg jump' for the 2nd motion, do this to rectify the error.
1. In the Timeline, right click the 2nd motion. 
2. Click Align Whole Clips>Right Leg
Hopefully, this will help.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/9331d0a4-6a4b-4e86-9f88-963f.jpg
YouTube Tutorials Here

Reading This Topic