Profile Picture

Crashing software while rendering frames of an animation using the Iray plugin

Posted By browne.dave2 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Crashing software while rendering frames of an animation using the...

Author
browne.dave2
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (442 reputation)Senior Member (442 reputation)Senior Member (442 reputation)Senior Member (442 reputation)Senior Member (442 reputation)Senior Member (442 reputation)Senior Member (442 reputation)Senior Member (442 reputation)Senior Member (442 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Don't even know where to start with this.  I'm trying to render an animation using the Iray plug-in.  Around 500 frames or so.  Every 20 frames~ the software crashes to this error message.

The instruction at 0x00007FFD737D8AA7 referenced memory at 0x000001AD6D36F000.  The memory could not be read.

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 7 hours ago
Hi...

Sorry to hear you are having rendering problems.

There can be various reasons for the crash such as project size or your system specifications.

One thing to try is reduce the size of the render to see if this eliminates the crash or you get further into the render process. So for example if you are rendering at 1920 x 1080 try reducing this by 50% and render again.

If you find this resolves the problem then you may need to render in shorter sequences and then edit them all together in post.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

browne.dave2
browne.dave2
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (442 reputation)Senior Member (442 reputation)Senior Member (442 reputation)Senior Member (442 reputation)Senior Member (442 reputation)Senior Member (442 reputation)Senior Member (442 reputation)Senior Member (442 reputation)Senior Member (442 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
So I was rendering this scene and it was crashing every 2-3 frames.  I then deleted some elements from the scene and lowered the maximum texture size to 1k.  now it's averaging about 20-30 frames before crashing.  So this is an improvement.  I don't understand why it's crashing at all though.  My limited understanding of the error itself tells me that this is a problem with RAM?

If I was rendering this same thing in Daz studio, same textures - though probably all around 4k in size - different topology.  I would be able to duplicate the scene elements several times without any issues rendering it all together at 8k.

Here i'm struggling to render at 1920x1080 with what seems like a very sparse scene.

:/

FallenNInja
FallenNInja
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I've started having this issue aswell, my solution was to save the current project as a new file, and render remaining frames in another folder. Hope that helps.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 7 hours ago
browne.dave2 (2/24/2021)
So I was rendering this scene and it was crashing every 2-3 frames.  I then deleted some elements from the scene and lowered the maximum texture size to 1k.  now it's averaging about 20-30 frames before crashing.  So this is an improvement.  I don't understand why it's crashing at all though.  My limited understanding of the error itself tells me that this is a problem with RAM?

If I was rendering this same thing in Daz studio, same textures - though probably all around 4k in size - different topology.  I would be able to duplicate the scene elements several times without any issues rendering it all together at 8k.

Here i'm struggling to render at 1920x1080 with what seems like a very sparse scene.

:/

Please can you tell us which graphic card you have?

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

FallenNInja
FallenNInja
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Weirdly, setting the time setting to 0 and the iteration to a high number like 800 has reduced the amount of crashes.

While this increases the render time it also increases quality and actually saves time due to no longer having to restart rendering 15/20 frames at a time.

Now I can finally put things to render overnight.

This has been an issue for a while and we have not seen any solution or even acknowledgement from the developer team.

I have personally started learning UE4 to move on from iray and will use Nvidia Omniverse if they improve facial animations.

Iclone 8 looks like it’s going to be a dud and no-buy for me as I have been burned with the iclone suite. CC3 being the only saving grace.
Edited
3 Years Ago by edwin.martinez1994

Reading This Topic