Profile Picture

Why is the GPU not being used?

Posted By browne.dave2 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
browne.dave2
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (442 reputation)Senior Member (442 reputation)Senior Member (442 reputation)Senior Member (442 reputation)Senior Member (442 reputation)Senior Member (442 reputation)Senior Member (442 reputation)Senior Member (442 reputation)Senior Member (442 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
So, I have a 3060ti nvidia card.  I'm told by the plugin that it doesn't have enough memory to render a character.  I have texture set to a max of 512, and compression set to highest.  
What am I doing wrong?
wires
wires
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
The Nvidia IRAY renderer doesn't support Nvidia RTX cards at the moment. w00t Reallusion have mentioned that a solution is being worked on and it is hoped to have it available soon. CoolSmooooth

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

animagic
animagic
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 10 hours ago
Apparently there is a Beta to try out according to this post: https://forum.reallusion.com/FindPost467962.aspx.

Also, I believe I read that Iray was updated already to work with RTX 2xxxx. It's hard to remember all posts...Unsure

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

browne.dave2
browne.dave2
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (442 reputation)Senior Member (442 reputation)Senior Member (442 reputation)Senior Member (442 reputation)Senior Member (442 reputation)Senior Member (442 reputation)Senior Member (442 reputation)Senior Member (442 reputation)Senior Member (442 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
animagic (2/21/2021)
Apparently there is a Beta to try out according to this post: https://forum.reallusion.com/FindPost467962.aspx.

Also, I believe I read that Iray was updated already to work with RTX 2xxxx. It's hard to remember all posts...Unsure

That was posted more than 2 months ago.  And the guy that posted it said it didn't work.  Great. 
Maybe this is something that should be stuck at the top of this forum? "users of XYZ cards, read this" - you know?  Generally useful information based on known problems that currently exist with the plugin?  Is that a crazy idea?  Anyone reading this with any authority to do that want to take action and be helpful to the next person with this issue?  

edit:  the download did resolve the issue for me, thanks.  
edit2: I may have spoke too soon.  Software is crashing while trying to render frames in an animation. Maybe related? Maybe not.
Edited
3 Years Ago by browne.dave2
lemips
lemips
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hey, same problem here with my RTX 3090, though about half the time (seemingly at random) it says "GPU: None" instead of "GPU: Out of memory," doubt that changes anything.
I have checked that the GPU is enabled, render log says no compatible device.

What is odd to me is that I have been using Iray in Daz with the new card with no problem since the day I got it, 4 months ago. I know new cards typically aren't supported right on release, but if that is what's happening here why is it only a problem in CC3?
I looked at the other thread with the Beta, mixed reactions from those who tried it but the link to the beta was removed by a moderator..

Reading This Topic